Its coming! IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (formerly known as SoW BoB)

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Its coming! IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (formerly known as SoW BoB)

Unread post by Trouble4u »

World famous IL-2 Sturmovik series of flight simulators roars over Britain. 1C Company and Ubisoft announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover (for PC) will take off in March 2011.
IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover is the latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer 1C: Maddox Games.

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover takes place in 1940 during the pivotal aerial battle for the skies over Britain between the British, the German and the Italian air forces.
Key Features:
New aircraft: incredibly detailed true-to-life modeling of aircraft systems based on thousands of hours of dedicated research. Every single aircraft component can be damaged for realistic and immensely satisfying results.
Flyable aircraft – Over a dozen famous and highly detailed English, German and Italian aircraft available, with all crew positions open to players. All flyable aircraft have been painstakingly researched, resulting in incredibly accurate cockpit interiors (including Spitfire, Hurricane, Messerschmitt and the Stuka).
Non-flyable aircraft – 13 AI controlled additional aircraft are also available to allow an even more accurate and immersive experience thanks to a varied aircraft.
Immersive game modes:
Exciting Single-Player Campaign – The campaign thrusts the player into the middle of the battle. The player will join the British Air Force to fight the German forces and renegade pilots on his own side, or join the German Luftwaffe and take part in meticulously recreated historical battles.
Massive multiplayer – Customizable modes range from simple deathmatch-style free-for-alls to epic, ongoing 128 player battles that can last hours, days, weeks, or even longer.
Interactive training – Comprehensive interactive training for new players – fly a real WWII trainer plane with a computer controlled instructor through a series of training missions.
Brand new setting – The battle will take place on a large area spanning London and southern England in the north, to Northern France and Belgium in the south. The huge map will contain thousands of historical cities, towns, roads, airfields, radar stations, ports, and industrial areas – all located exactly where they were in 1940.
New 3D engine – Latest-gen graphics engine with DX10 and DX11 API support. Huge variety of photorealistic ground vehicles, buildings and other environmental elements recreate minute details of 1940s Europe.
Customizable difficulty – dozens of realism options allow newcomers to the franchise to reduce the difficulty and focus on the fun while learning the ropes of being a pilot.

1C and Ubisoft also announced that IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover will be available in a special Collector’s Edition, along-side the standalone version.
This Collector’s Edition features the following collection of exclusive pilot material assets in a premium packaging:
The Windows PC version of IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
A cloth pilot escape map showing The Battle of Britain strategic locations
A replica of the Pilot’s Notes on the Spitfire I Aeroplane, provided to RAF pilots during The Battle of Britain and reprinted from the RAF Museum original document
An in-depth 150-page ring binder pilot instructions

http://il2sturmovik.ubi.com/cliffs-of-d ... -soon.aspx
Trouble4u

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Its coming!

I've already ordered my copy.
Trouble4u

Redhornet

Unread post by Redhornet »

:o :shock:
I have GOT to build a new computer.
The Uber Target

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

my question is how many others are grabbing this?
We may have to host a "Finally Oleg!" party
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

My questions: How much, and what kind of machine is needed?
Maj.ScrewBall

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

I haven't seen system specs yet, I'll post em when I do. But I would think you'd need to be looking at higher end machines.
Trouble4u

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Not interested in changing games every few months, and no $ for buying into another game at $1000 a shot.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Its coming! IL-2 Cliffs of Dover (formerly known as SoW

Trouble4u

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

Hmmm.Seems my machine just makes it; looks like I'd be running it with the graphics turned down somewhat...
Maj.ScrewBall

Dougalachi
Major
Major

Unread post by Dougalachi »

I've been saving up money for a long time to finally be able to afford a computer. This finally might be the reason that pushed me into buying it. My only concern is that a lot of AVG don't have the minimum specs to run the game. I know that I might possibly be able to scrape by on the minimum specs of my laptop. Would AVG adopt it as a whole within a few months?
Major Dougalachi
Retired Commanding Officer
11th Bomb Squadron, =AVG=

Aerial bombs are like children; when you really love them, you have to let them go far, and hope they don't come back to you ;)