'Pastafarian' wins religious freedom right to wear...

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

'Pastafarian' wins religious freedom right to wear...

Unread post by Tiger »

..pasta strainer for driving licence.

An Austrian has won the right to be photographed wearing a pasta strainer for his driving licence on grounds of religious freedom.

Niko Alm announced the decision on his blog saying that after three years of struggle a psychologist had passed him fit drive and so he could wear the kitchen implement for the official picture.

A self-styled "pastafarian", Mr Alm said he belonged to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, which lampooned religion. "Today I was able to get my new driving licence, and in it you can clearly see that I'm wearing a colander on my head to demonstrate my allegiance to the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster," Mr Alm wrote in his blog.

"My headwear has now been recognised by the Republic of Austria."

The spaghetti church was founded in 2005 in opposition to pressure on the Kansas school board in the United States to teach the theory of intelligent design in biology class as an alternative to evolution, and since then it has engaged in a light-hearted campaign against religion.

Key to the beliefs of pastafarians is that the world was created by the Flying Spaghetti Monster, but, owing to the monster being inebriated at the time of creation, it has a flawed design.

Pastafarians also believe heaven has a beer volcano and a factory producing strippers.

Here's a link to the story;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstop ... cence.html

I think I'm going to change religions, lol.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Big_Fred
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: 'Pastafarian' wins religious freedom right to wear...

Unread post by Big_Fred »

I converted years ago. Even have the FSM emblem on the back of my Wrangler:

"May you be touched by His noodly appendage"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

"War without fire is like sausage without mustard".
Henry V.