Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War Tournament Postponed

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Wings~of~War tournaments will be postponed until the entire system can be upgraded. I am currently working with Lowengrin and WildWillie to make the Dynamic Campaign Generator and FBDj compatible with each other. This will give us the ability upgrade the server and score the campaigns. In the meantime the Wings~of~War server will be upgraded to the latest IL-2 version and become a public server. The Wings~of~War server will be running some of the campaigns from the Wings~of~War series but will not maintain players statistics.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Decker
Major
Major

Re: Wings~of~War Postponed

Unread post by Decker »

Can we put up the racetracks and maybe the Save the Arizona maps etc...? Racetrack we can practice for the race and Save the Arizona is just a fun map. Just some ideas. :mrgreen:

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Sad, but it is for the best. I'm sure it won't be too long and it'll be better than ever.
Trouble4u

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

Why 3.0 it won't be compatible with 4.11 or even 4.12 when they are released it seems it would have been better to go to HSFX at least it will be able to be upgraded to the official patchs like 4.11 and 4.12 once they are released. HSFX is way more stable than up3.0 and it has tournaments being played on it now. doing this will leave alot of pilots not flying in the future as most went in a diferrent direction. Sorry to say this may end the RAF 209th from flying in future events we really enjoy the WOW campaigns. Best of luck in the future.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

S! Python,
I understand your point but as many of us have delt with for a while, Why not have multiple installs and be able to fly whatever you want just by switching to another install. If you don't have the HD space I understand but these installs don't take up that much room. Please understand I am not trying to shoot you or your guys down. It's just an idea

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

The only problem Tiger is having is that the (DCG) Dynamic Campaign Generator and the FBDj The program that among other things creates the mission stats are not working together properly. It would not matter if we used HSFX, or UP3 or even a stock 4.10.1 because the game itself has nothing to do with the problem. Tiger is working with the creators of these programs to find a solution.
Trouble4u

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

Yes I know he is and do apreciate all his work but this is the point I'm making I fly a tounament with HSFX and they have the scoring and mission generaited on the server I would think it make since to switch to something that allready works and not try to create something that may or may not work, We have been down this road allready and it did not work and you all lost the RCAF as a group not flying the last couple. I am hoping something can be workied out and Decker alot of folks don't have the hard drive space to add another install 3.0 is not small it is over 6 gig if my memory is correct. It is not no small install I do have it and find it to be very unstable with lags and screen freezing. They still have alot of bugs in it. I know some of the RAF have older pc's and most cannot aford new ones. We fly what is more stable and not hard for most of my group to use. The only server I can't get into is a UP server. But I like others will wait to see what happens but if it is UP3.0 we as a group won't be able to fly as after doing testing found that HSFX is the most stable. of the two. Sorry to say I had to do what was best for my guys in making the choice.
Salute
Python

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

S! Python,
I was not trying to step on any toes here. It was just a thought and I completely understand your point. I was by no meens trying to make you or your guys mad. simply trying to lend a hand and an idea. My sincerest of appologies if you took it that way.

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Decker you did not make me mad bud no worries
Salute
Python

RAF209_Beer30

Unread post by RAF209_Beer30 »

S! All,

I am confused! I have a copy of UP3.0RC installed and it works in the game but I can't access the WoW server. It tells me the server is using a different version.
I see different versions out there. Like Up3.0 RC2 the RC3 then RC4.
Some one, please, tell me where to D/L and/or in what order to D/L and install this stuff so that I can get into the WoW server.
What does 4.10.1/ UP 3.0 RC mean? I thought that 4.10.1 was an integral part of UP3.0.
I installed UP3.0 RC along with all the previous MODS. 4.07, 08, 09, 4.10 and 4.10.1.
At this point I have no idea what is wrong or whether I even have the right updated/fixes installed.
Need help on this.
Thanks
Salute Beer