Captain Hawk Ret.
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=
Panda Bears

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Forgotten Skies?

Unread post by Trouble4u »

It was Space! he did it! I was no where around!

Actually, http://www.ghostskies.com/ and http://www.ghostskies.com/forum Theres nothing to see there yet but apparently a big chunk of FS players got together and are creating a replacement which will be Ghost Skies. It will be a little while before they have it figured out I guess.
Trouble4u

Hawk
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Hawk »

Why the change?
Captain Hawk Ret.
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=
Panda Bears

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

Like most things in life, politics changes things. I just think alot of people were looking for a change and some frustration set in for various reasons. In the end, those who broke off to create Ghost Skies feel they can create something better for the community.

418_Recon

Unread post by 418_Recon »

Yes, the Axis pilots decided to create their own war using Scorp's generator (the same one we used in FS that Scorp made when he flew FS).

Rather than attempt to re-recruit Axis squadrons I decided it was a good time to call it quits. There were some nasty attitudes going on so I'm glad it stopped to be honest. I regretted not leaving with my close friends Rel and Scorp quite some time ago, so this gave me a good reason to stop trying to appease everyone and let other people run a war and enjoy the politics :)

Just as FYI - several Allied squadrons decided to join up with FA-AKA in their war - Scorp is actively involved there using the same generator + server software that FS was using with a more wide open atmosphere.

It's a good group of guys flying over there, AKA, FA, 352nd, 418, etc...

Currently we are flying on a custom NG map that was made.

Their format does a 'play 10 for Axis, then play 10 for Allies' - so you get to fly both sides, which is fun I think.

Come join us if you wish. It's good to get back to flying for fun and not just for blood :)

Thanks
Recon

PS thanks for your participation! I enjoyed getting to know the AVG pilots - a class act for sure!

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Recon,

I moved the thread to a newly created private forum for the event, and failed to remove it from the RSS Feed, meaning that those threads really weren't intended for public consumption. However, I don't think any of us would have acted any diferently if we knew the world would see. We tend to be respectful of ourselves and of others even when we don't agree.

I have always enjoyed flying Forgotten Skies and I appreciate the time and effort it takes to run an event. So, thank you for doing it for so many years. I always looked forward to the next mission every time. I hope that you can find something to fly that you enjoy without having to make it all happen. You and the 418 might even look at flying Wings~of~War: Normandy 1944. We'd love to have you. Details at registration.php
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

418_Recon

Unread post by 418_Recon »

Thanks Tiger - I'll pass it along to the 418th guys.

As I said, you guys were a great group to have in FS, so I would love to get the chance to fly with you again.

Take care

S!
Recon