Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

fishnchris
Captain
Captain

We need a computer help officer!!!!????

Unread post by fishnchris »

~S~!
I was just thinking about a help night for all of us that are not computer guru's (namely me :) )
so that we can get all of our systems in sync and working and fly together. It would be nice if we had a night that people with computer problems could get together with someone who knows and fix the problems. We could also learn what we need for FS and all the other upcoming things that we fly.

Just a thought. Let me know what you think.

Fish

Redhornet

Re: We need a computer help officer!!!!????

Unread post by Redhornet »

I second that. Great idea.
The Uber Target

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Yeah, I think it works better the way it is now guys. Putting 1 guy on the job with all the things can and do go wrong would quickly send him to the looney bin. Right now we got many guys that can and will help ya. just post or ask and its amazing how many will show up.
Trouble4u

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

.. or some on Teamspeak and ask. Usually someone will break off and get you set up.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Derring

Unread post by Derring »

Or maybe a publicly accessable 'Trouble Shoot' area, where all the info is concentrated.
It may be needed to be broken down by 'OS', 'load errors (DeskTop kick, hang)', 'time out errors', etc.
But all the needless ( :? mindless :? ) :o chatter would have to be managed by moderators!
Yep, a full time JOB!

I think BigO resently mentioned this too.

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

I would think Derring, YOKE and Medar should be the moderators on that one!
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

S!~

Ask and yee shall receive.

Please see this post in the Private Forum

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2372

Anyone who considers themselves even mildly knowledgable in IL2 Mods is welcome to stop by the Mods clinic and offer assistance.
BigO

fishnchris
Captain
Captain

Unread post by fishnchris »

~S~!
Sorry I wasn't clear enough. We need a page on the website that anyone can go to to set up their IL2 for the most updated version. (FS, SE, Wings~of~War, Etc.) A new member matt gave me a site that helped me set my game back up after my computer died. It was step by step with directions as needed. It was very helpful. The only thing is, I didn't know that no one else had the new patch; that would have been nice to know. Therefore, I was not able to fly with my own squadron (you guys) but I could fly anywhere else. No one let me know how to remove this patch? A page on this site with directions and the full requirements to fly CONSISTENTLY would be great. And have all the links for the downloads so you don't have to search for them and get bad ones.

~S~ fishnchris :roll:

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

fishnchris wrote:It would be nice if we had a night that people with computer problems could get together with someone who knows and fix the problems. We could also learn what we need for FS and all the other upcoming things that we fly.Fish
S!~Chris

Based on your request above we have set up a mod clinic on Saturday. If you attend we can try to help you with your mod issues.

The reason no one told you how to remove the patch, is because you can't remove the UP20clientpatch once it is installed. Your problem is currently very common among =AVG= pilots.

Specifically your connectivity issue with Wings of War is only temporary. Starting on Saturday you will be able to join the Wings of War server, with your UP20m patched game. As posted in the Wings of War forum area, we could not upgrade to the lastest UP20patch mid campaign. We had to play out the last week of WoW Manchuria with the exact same settings as we played the first week. No Mod changes or updates allowed.

As IL2 has become a highly patched game, it is impossible to post and maintain an accurate list of what mods are used in which open servers. You must go to the individual server's website and find out what mods they are running.

As far as links to the relevant IL2 mods, you will currently find them in the =AVG= Classroom Teamspeak Channel. BUT corrupt files occur all the time, while downloading, so no one can guarantee you won't get "a bad one"
BigO

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

BigO you can remove the 2.0 patch it can be uninstalled look in the game directory it is there if not then you had a corrupt install.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu