Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Testing for the next Wings~of~War campaign

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

I appreciate the input. I am considering all of it, with the possible exception of Colslaw's constant requests for friendly icons. ;)

Under, consider this; You get your morning cup of coffee and sit down to your computer only to find that the campaign is over and it isn't even close to Sunday. This has happened to me twice in the North Africa 1943 campaign. I would rather not make it so that the campaign will be won by a single player in the middle of the night. That said, I still don't really care for the idea of flying 45 to 50 minutes just to be blown out of the sky by AAA. So, I'll be working today to try and find a happy medium.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Under, while the game server might not record your viewalbe in game score, rest assured it is recorded.

Please check your mission stats, 10 times out of 10 your running score is recorded there. Next fail safe step for referencing and tallying final scores comes directly from the server logs. ;)
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

AKA_Jericho

Unread post by AKA_Jericho »

May be its time to intruduce moving dogfight to the game least you can take off with a full load and not crash into the sea and with ships moving around they wont be as easy to kill, therefore could be placed closer together it will force a recon flight to find the ships and bombing flight so no one person can finnish the camapiagn. although i dont know how that all the works with DCG.

just a thought

S! J

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Moving Front may be the way to go. But how do you steer the carrier into the wind?

Midway was one of the greatest battles of WWII. It was a lucky victory the US. I can see the simulation going either way. The Japs have better planes no 2 ways around it. So in this game the US starts out from behind, we have no element of surprise and crappy planes.

The US is going to need all of her crappy planes though to fight this battle.

Midway Island has a squadron of F2a2s and some F4s, they have TBFs, B17s A couple of B26s and a bunch of PBYs. The PBYs did not fly combat though.

The Carriers have F4s, SBDs and they had Douglas Devastators and Valiant Vindicators

Since we don't have some of those planes will need to sub in the 25s or Better A20s since they can carry Torpedos Thats is what the 26s were used for and use more SBDs and TBFs

Don't forget the US has 3 carries the Yorktown, Enterprise and the Hornet. The Enterprise and Hornet sail together and the Yorktown is a distance away.

There is also and invasion fleet steaming towards Midway too which is coming in from a different direction.
Trouble4u

sturmbahnfuhrer

Unread post by sturmbahnfuhrer »

Tiger wrote:S!~ Gents,

I appreciate the input. I am considering all of it, with the possible exception of Colslaw's constant requests for friendly icons. ;)
I think friendly Icons is a good idea. I'm with coleslaw on this one. Bring em back. Maybe make the enemy have icons off and only friendly on. That would be more interesting I think.
Tiger wrote:Under, consider this; You get your morning cup of coffee and sit down to your computer only to find that the campaign is over and it isn't even close to Sunday. This has happened to me twice in the North Africa 1943 campaign. I would rather not make it so that the campaign will be won by a single player in the middle of the night. That said, I still don't really care for the idea of flying 45 to 50 minutes just to be blown out of the sky by AAA. So, I'll be working today to try and find a happy medium.
Yeah, that sucked for everyone. The beauty of that is you could take the stats off and then restart the server. Cause you're the Admin LOLOL. Please put up a post of what changes you made. Thanks again for all the hard work and your uncanny ability to deal with everyones criticisms.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

RCAF_FB_Under wrote: I think friendly Icons is a good idea. I'm with coleslaw on this one. Bring em back. Maybe make the enemy have icons off and only friendly on. That would be more interesting I think.
The problem with enemy icons off is that you don't know if you're dealing with an enemy aircraft until you are right on top of it. At least with friendly icons off you can communicate with your temamates to determine who is who. If I were going to remove enemy icons I would just remove all of the icons.
RCAF_FB_Under wrote: Thanks again for all the hard work and your uncanny ability to deal with everyones criticisms.
You are quite welcome. And, reagrding the ability to deal with everyone's criticisms, I've had a lot of practice. ;)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

I like Icons for both :mrgreen:
Trouble4u

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I'm now testing Coral Sea 1942. Let me know what you think.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

I have said it once and Il say it again, Tiger is the nicest guy you may ever meet.

He puts up with alot from us.......... well I mean, not me..... but all of yous. :D
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

AKA_Jericho

Unread post by AKA_Jericho »

Moving Front may be the way to go. But how do you steer the carrier into the wind?
If the moving dogfight folder does not have the wind mod added it wont matter which way the wind is , there will be nil and 25- 30knot speed of the carrier will provide its own wind ;)

S! J