Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 - Restart 25 September 2010

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I have finally determined the issue with the server. When I made a backup of the software prior to the switch to the new machine, it was not the latest version of the DCG. It is this latest version that I was able to run without any issues over the last couple of weeks, with or without AI aircraft.

I would like to make the correction and test it over the next several days, and restart the campaign at 00:01 on Saturday, 25 September 2010. I would also like to take this opportunity to apologize. In retrospect it seems that I was overly optimistic about the timetable for the implementation of the new server. I should have allowed plenty of time for testing. And, the campaign went live rather abruptly on Sunday, so this should give everyone a chance to be prepared for the start of the campaign.

Registration is still open, and will be open until the campaign begins. Since we are using the playerlist.txt function of FB Daemon II, all participants must be registered prior to the start of the campaign. So, this is a good opportunity to get your buddies to sign up for the event.

Here's the proposed schedule;

21 September - 24 September 2010: Server Testing & Open Registration (The server will be open to all pilots who are registered for the event)
25 Septmeber - 2 October 2010: Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Campaign
3 October - 15 October 2010: Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Practice Server (I'll switch the teams for the Redoux for this week)
16 October - 22 October 2010: Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Redoux

Again, I apologize for all of the delays and issues, but I believe this will be the best course of action for everyone involved.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

idefix44

Re: Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 - Restart 25 Septmeber 2

Unread post by idefix44 »

AI planes now ?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ ide,

It was Warren's idea to add some AI aircraft if possible to help defend the bases. With DCG 3.46 Beta 7b, we were able to do it successfully.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

ARGGGG Thanks alot warren lol, I don't mind the AI's but I usualy fly at night do to a better ping and probability of getting booted do to bad ping go's to zero, now I have to fly like a true mad man on a suicide quest to fly ;). I am not complaining at all just wish I had a better internet connection so i could be more active during the prime time of the fights, I probably cuss more then my oponnets do when i am in a good dogfight or running from somebody or the reverse when i suddenly find myself back at my laptop going OK WTF. Now I have to fight Bloody AI's, hmmm means I will get a lot of aircraft kills but it screws up my ground war bigtime. Ok don't say I didn't warn you guys when i have a mess load of aircraft kills under my belt 8-). Ai's are good for the defense but you fly them anough, and I have, they become predectable, you learn how long you can engage one before you have to break off and engage the other one thats trying to sneak up on you, They also have predictable flight patterns in combat which make them easy prey, but they do tend to screw up the at nite solo act I do with the ground war stuff.

Ok if Warren gets the AI's can I please, please, on the knees beggen PLEASE get the refuel and rearm after a successfull landing at a friendly base active. I would like to keep the plane progression of the Game and the DCG correct and well this is a must have to do that. BEGGIN like Deltas hound for Beggin strips lol. Anyways I injoy the hell out of these things so keep it up Tiger. ~S~ salute sir and i will shut up now with my rambalings

AKA_Jericho

Unread post by AKA_Jericho »

Tiger wrote:S!~ ide,

It was Warren's idea to add some AI aircraft if possible to help defend the bases. With DCG 3.46 Beta 7b, we were able to do it successfully.
Yup i sure does work last night there was no one around so i took ju88 thinking i would get a easy climb to alt to get set up for a bomb run on the AAA half way their my gunners went off and before i could react my tail was bown clean off lol a great addition.

On side note over at akafa we tried the refuel and rearm set up on one of our campaings but got rid of it because it was causing lagg /lock up proplems and parser falts. Talk to Scorp for a more accurate description of cause and effect.
personaly i think it's a great idea wish it could implemented but not at the cost of frames or additional lagg.

good luck with the re start
S! J

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Cryton »

We still can't Rearm or repair sir to be able to continue flying planes. So what gives.

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

I don't normally live long enough to land but I wouldn't think you'd want to rearm/repair over getting a new plane. Reason being that if you go out and bomb a ton of targets each trip for 3 or 4 sorties only to be blown out of the sky on the next one you're going lose all those points.
Trouble4u

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Nvm I figured out which base we need to be in to be able to rearm and refuel and repair, but to answer your question it is to keep our planes in the game so we don't lose the ability to use them again.

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

OK to explain why we want the R\R\R or refuel rearm and repair.

With the DCG every airframe counts period. The longer you can keep a single airframe the better, exspecialy in the fighters department. The way the DCG works is if you land and respawn the DCG removes a active airframe from the game, this will not be seen in the server or the campain untill the next map, its only recorded by the DCG.

The DCG sets limits on airframes, say the germans have 8 109 g-2 airframes but will not be resupllied with anymore through the DCG for 2 map rotatons. Say you can keep one 109 airframe in the air for a complete map cycle, that is after u landed and done the R\R\R thing a few times, say 4, then you just saved 4 109 g-2 airframes for the next map :). Thats the way the DCg works with the zuti mods and not just so stuff can move around, the R|R|R is a very important aspect of the campain.

I know before somebody says yeah keep on fighter up the whole map yeah right, its possable i did it before when we flew the mancherin war, kept a single yak up the whole map and racked up 6 kills on it as well.

I know this dosn't effect the Bombers near as much as the fighters but I noticed with this map that the Germans realy realy do get screwed on fighter selections, no complaints on the bombers and ground pounding stuff i lkike what i see there, but fighters are in a bad way screwed on this map for the german side gents ~S~ Blood out

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Server is broke again