Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Hunter
Major
Major
Loading…

Flying Again!

Unread post by Hunter »

It's an honor to see dedicated virtual pilots like you guys. I remember when we first met in 2007. I was in a UK squad on the original IL2. BS squadron. There I became friends with the most amazing people from all over the world. Then IL2 PF came out at that time I believe. Raz , Vengence and I were just building a website and Squadron called the Hord Squadron, "HS" lol. At that time there was an old fella callsign name Wilmy who flew with us on occasion. He was from Germany and man could he fly the 109K! He would run sorties with us for practice and RAZ, Vengence and I would get our butts kicked most of the time hahaha.
So the joy of ww2 flight was grown on me. After a short time in 2008, We were flying a scrimmage game and all of a sudden from nowhere a P-51 shoots past me at a steep angle of attack so fast I I didnt get a chance! I bailed. So immediately of course I was right back i there looking for this guy! Who is he?! "On the headset" RAZ!, Vengence! Were looking for a pilot who shot me down last sortie! Vengence and Raz return my call. Who is he Hunter?! we'll kick his ass!! He goes by the name 4thFG Tiger!

From that day, after getting our asses kicked again lol, I had the pleasure if chatting with him. Not what I expected, as most guys on there didn't care about anything, just fly and shoot. Tiger chatted with us and mentioned what he wanted to do as a virtual squad and we were super exited about the =AVG= Flying Tigers! I was stoked because it was my all time fav plane since childhood and still is today. Vengence connected with me and told me he knew this guy and that we should join his squadron and the rest is history.

Dont remember how many of us started in the beginning but nowhere the numbers it has grown to today.
Maybe not as much action in the skies together like early days but the results show here that =AVG= is here to stay!

Cheers TIGER and all founding members!
=AVG= Hunter

p.s. remove me from the retired section lol.
Well, I walked away from THAT one!
Another Pilot: Yeah... A few more landings like THAT, and you'll be a Japanese ace!

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Re: Flying Again!

Unread post by Space »

Hunter wrote: Cheers TIGER and all founding members!
=AVG= Hunter

p.s. remove me from the retired section lol.
Welcome back, Hunter!
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Hunter,

I don't know that I have ever heard that story before, and it was a bit of a surprise when you named the pilot. I'm glad that I made an impression. Your status has been updated, by the way. Welcome back!
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Hunter
Major
Major
Loading…

Unread post by Hunter »

Pleasure!
I remember the day I met you as clear as today. you were in the 4th fighter group. Vengence introduced you to me and Raz
Well, I walked away from THAT one!
Another Pilot: Yeah... A few more landings like THAT, and you'll be a Japanese ace!

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Gents,

I apologize for the extended delay. As we were upgrading to a new operating system on the server we ran into some serious power issues. The kind where the power company has to come out and make repairs, so it may be a few weeks yet.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Update 11 April 2018

The power issues have been resolved and we have a brand new OS on the box. I'm in the process of configuring everything. I'll let you know when it's all loaded and ready to go.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer