George's observations: IL2 1946 vs. CFS

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

George Formby
Captain
Captain

George's observations: IL2 1946 vs. CFS

Unread post by George Formby »

S~ All! Well last night at 2230 hrs (CET) ole George Finally figured out how to fly on line in the IL2 skies. I had flown before back years ago, on the zone, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, doing my part with the squadron community and all, even forming my own, ironically called AVG. The site is still up http://www.geocities.com/jcs992/hq.html , and the squad as well as the zone have long since vanished. I went to war in the real world and turned it over to my mate to run. I remember people talking about IL2 back then and resisted the temptation to try it, thinking, How can anything beat CFS?? What was I thinking???!!?? Last night showed me the HUGE difference in the two, like night and day, in CFS it was nothing to have 10-20 victories in one sitting online, same as offline play, IL2 even has the reality of that beat, ater playing online last night at what felt to be mere seconds (actually I was on for about 4 hours) I managed to shoot down 2 planes, a FW and a 109, that was after being chased about 100 miles by the 2, and the games where I ended up either punching the silk into a pasture, or taking a dunk in the water. The best feature of all is the reward you get from actually managing to land your damaged crate, you and refly at no loss to your pride!! In CFS, I would do that and what do I get, nothing..... just sitting in a smoking plane. On the offline side, I am in a campaign, and am only half way through, and I have managed to down 10 Japanese planes. In a CFS campaign of the same nature it was not un-common for me to have 75-90 killes a quarter of the way through. The upside to all these years of CFS is, it gave me enough training to take off and land in one peice, how to trim an fuel settings. I will be tearing apart my computer in a few days to ship it out, but I can't wait to get settled in and start flying in this awsome sim with an awsome squadron.
V/R
=AVG=Formby_15
1st Pursuit Squadron (Adam & Eve's)
ImageImage
ImageImage

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: George's observations: IL2 1946 vs. CFS

Unread post by Trouble4u »

S! George,

Yep. I came here from Red Baron, Kills come very easy there too, It was quite an ego kill to fly here. But the rewards of a good mission make it all worth while.
Trouble4u