Red Air bases

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

sturmbahnfuhrer

Red Air bases

Unread post by sturmbahnfuhrer »

~S~ All

I was just wondering why there is only one red airbase. I am flying blue and I almost feel bad when red can't get off the ground. Now, that doesn't mean I have any sympathy or that I am not going to take full advantage of the situation because I am sure everyone playing right now would do the same. But this map does need another red base if possible.

On that note I would like to say thank you to whoever is in charge of these phenomenal missions. I don't know anything about the dynamic mission builder so I don't know what’s entailed in making these missions but it is awesome. Thank you again =AVG= for putting up this server. You guys are doing a great job and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you've done.

~S~

RCAF_FB_Under

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Re: Red Air bases

Unread post by Python »

Salute

I hope you all like straffing my B25 you have to watch it thou I ate alot of beans and if you kill me I blow up :D
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

sturmbahnfuhrer

LOLOLOL, those B-25's are filled with a lot of beans.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Under,

Thank you for your post. Warren came up with the idea for the campaigns, and I run the server. It was a little tricky getting the server software, FBD2, FBD2 stats module, and the Dynamic Campaign Generator, to all run together to produce the desired effect. But, it has been worth it. I am still learning as I go about building the custom campaigns, so things don't always work out as planned.

In this scenario, I was hoping to be able to push the Axis team past Caen and take over the base there. However, just about the time we were going to take control of the airfield (the front line was right over Caen), you guys figured out how to push back, and you haven't stopped pushing yet. If I had this to do over again, I would have been sure that the Allies had more than one base.

At any rate, we are still enjoying the campaign, and we wouldn't expect you to let up on us at all. While it can be frustrating to jump in the server only to get blasted and sit out for 15 minutes or so, it isn't exclusive to the Red Team. Just ask RCAF FB Goose. Today he spawned in at Caen only to be hit by rockets from 3 kilometers (I swear I never thought I'd hit him from that far out).

So, enjoy the campaign and don't feel bad about the way it is going. I assure you that if we keep doing these, I'm bound to build a campaign that is skewed in the other direction. I only hope that you'll remember this campaign when it happens.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

{FKR}Potatoehead

Unread post by {FKR}Potatoehead »

RCAF_FB_Under wrote:~S~ All

I was just wondering why there is only one red airbase. I am flying blue and I almost feel bad when red can't get off the ground. Now, that doesn't mean I have any sympathy or that I am not going to take full advantage of the situation because I am sure everyone playing right now would do the same. But this map does need another red base if possible.

On that note I would like to say thank you to whoever is in charge of these phenomenal missions. I don't know anything about the dynamic mission builder so I don't know what’s entailed in making these missions but it is awesome. Thank you again =AVG= for putting up this server. You guys are doing a great job and I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate what you've done.

~S~

RCAF_FB_Under

Feel Sympathy ????? What do you guys do when your not flying??? Kick Puppies and beat up old ladies?
Its BAD real BAD when I have to use a B-25 as a self propelled aluminum pill box just so i can take a couple of pot shots at ya. Putting on a zero bomb delay so I can self detonate when a FW-190 strafes me in the hope my fist hold up a single digit will lodge in your undercarriage, hopefully a little deeper. Anyway, if you got the advantage, I guess I would use it too. ~S~
Tater

sturmbahnfuhrer

{FKR}Potatoehead wrote:
RCAF_FB_Under wrote:~S~ All

~S~

RCAF_FB_Under

Feel Sympathy ????? What do you guys do when your not flying??? Kick Puppies and beat up old ladies?
Its BAD real BAD when I have to use a B-25 as a self propelled aluminum pill box just so i can take a couple of pot shots at ya. Putting on a zero bomb delay so I can self detonate when a FW-190 strafes me in the hope my fist hold up a single digit will lodge in your undercarriage, hopefully a little deeper. Anyway, if you got the advantage, I guess I would use it too. ~S~
Tater
Sorry Tater, hopefully we will have the opportunity to change sides and run this again. It would be a lot of fun. I don't care about getting owned, and I would put 3 thousand pounders in the B-25 when the 190's are coming lol.

Jolly
Major
Major

Unread post by Jolly »

We didn't have any problems getting off the ground!

Just a little early morning sortie.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Jolly
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

Jolly
Major
Major

Unread post by Jolly »

Just a little more evidence of our inability to get airborne.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Jolly
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

sturmbahnfuhrer

Jolly, I think you misunderstood the initial post. I didn't say you were not able to get off the ground at all. I was stating the fact that if there were blue above your airbase and NO red in the air you were not going to get off the ground. You can ask anyone that was in the room when that happened. I was making the point that another red airbase would have helped the red team to prevent this from happening. Don't take it so personally, you guys are good pilots but when your getting straffed on the runway before you can even make it to the taxiway it becomes extemely difficult. Once you guys were up in force it was near impossible to do much. That's when the best fighting of the game took place.

Please do not try and read any emotion in my post. It's easy to read these posts thinking that someone is angry, sad, happy and so on. I am not upset, mad or being sarcastic in any way. I don't want you guys to think that, it was fun and I would like to do this again. Thanks again and big thanks to Warren and Tiger for getting it going. You guys are great competition and I am looking forward to flying with you guys in the future.

~S~

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Under,

Thank you for your post, and we're glad that you and your teammates enjoyed the campaign. You and your squadron will most definitely be invited to the next one. Please do not read any emotion in to Jolly's post, either. He posted the images tongue in cheek. And, if the truth were told, we probably lost as many aircraft just trying to take off as we did while under attack. Sure, there were times when it was frustrating, but I explained to our group that it was absolutely no fault of yours. If there is any blame, it rests completely on my shoulders as I created the campaign.

Besides, it looked as though we were going to push you guys south of Caen on Tuesday night, but as I indicated earlier, you guys just pushed back and kept on pushing. The participation of the RCAF was unmatched by any other squadron flying the campaign. And, if we would have had equivelent numbers, I'm sure that it would have been a lot closer. That is, assuming that when I get to the final tally here in a day or two, you guys came out on top. Wouldn't we all be surprised if, in the final tally, the red team actually won the campaign?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler