Those to Receive Awards Front and Center

Public forum for news and announcements from the =AVG=

Moderators: Tiger, Space

SNA2007
Major
Major

Those to Receive Awards Front and Center

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Let be known that Maj. Razgriz is being recognized for going above and beyond the call of duty and the citation as follows,

To: Maj. Razgriz
Subject: Outstanding Execution of Duties During an Online War

To those be present greetings, know that ye reposing special trust has been awarded the following citation. On the night of 23 DEC 2008, Maj. Razgriz was piloting his BF109F-4 in the FS server as the fourth man in a formation commanded by Big_Fred. Suddenly, Razgriz spotted an enemy, directly in front of him and cleverly disguised as another BF109F-4. Fully aware that his flight leader was completely off guard and was paying no attention to this enemy because of his disguise, Maj. Razgriz was compelled to act immediately less the enemy engage and dispatch his flight leader. Because of the enemies close proximity, Maj. Razgriz did not have sufficient time to arm his guns. Maj. Razgriz then acted courageously by using his aircraft as a battering ram and sheared the starboard wing off the would-be attacker. The ram was made with such skill that Maj. Razgriz's aircraft was unharmed. The enemy pilot, SNA2007, was forced to bail and was captured by friendly forces where he proceeded to re-up after 20 minutes had expired. Free of enemy contacts, Brown flight proceeded with their mission.

Because of quick thinking and courageous acts not normally displayed in this profession, Brown flight was able thwart a cleverly disguised enemy attack using captured BF109s and pilot that looked exactly like friendly pilot, SNA2007 who was drunk at the O-club that day. For this reason we award Maj Ragriz his callsign, "Ramrod." From this day foward, Maj Razgriz will no longer be known by Maj. Razgriz, but Maj. "Ramrod" Razgriz.

*Hands Razgriz his new nameplate*

Congratulations aviator, drinks are now on you at the O-club. Make sure you buy a few for that pilot you crashed into. :D
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

SNA2007
Major
Major

Re: Those to Recieve Awards Front and Center

Unread post by SNA2007 »

And a little history. This is how I was awarded my callsign in aviation. Here is the actual citation given to me for my callsign:

Director of Aviation Preflight Indoctrination takes great pride in recognizing

Ensign Trevor Phillips

United States Navy

for service set forth in the following

Citation:

"For actions above and beyond the call of duty while serving as a student in API class 0808. During the evening of December 8, 2007, Ensign Phillips bravely engaged in machine-to-machine combat with a vastly larger enemy. With complete disregard for his own personal safety, he pursued a Christmas float that was attempting to leave the main battle area. Ensign Phillips tracked the enemy to its patrol base, at which time the rules of engagement allowed him to engage the hostile target. He immediately employed his personal vehicle as a ramming device, effectively neutralizing the enemy's movement and allowing law enforcement to arrive and secure the scene. His brave actions and outstanding situatlional awareness are a great reflection of what is expected from a student naval aviator. As a benchmark and constant reminder of our high expecations, from this day foward Ensign Phillips shall be known as 'Floater.'"

[Signed]
L.G. Sagisi
Major United States Marine Corps
Director of Aviation Preflight Indoctrination

[End of Citation]

It should be noted that the 'personal vehicle' was a brand new, 2007 Ford Mustang with less than 3200 miles on it. That stupid parade float totalled it.
Major SNA2007

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

LMAO! Too funny!!

I think this has to be the best post of the year! I'll laugh about this for hours!

Thanks!!
Trouble4u

k43_8mm
Captain
Captain

Unread post by k43_8mm »

~S~
well knowing 37's machine probably lag :roll: glad it worked out ok and its all just fun now!
(funny SNA) :)

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Those to Receive Awards Front and Center

Unread post by ScrewBall »

ROTFLMAO!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maj.ScrewBall

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

Nothing like hear what sounded like metal tearing then seeing a wing piece fly by to make you wake up. LOL
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Thank you, thank you, even though I tried to think about SNA's method of formation flying in mind, this I must say was a sponteneous maneuver for me. :P

LOL, damn that sucks.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Whatever you say ramrod.
Major SNA2007