Gentleman, let's talk

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

14./JG5_CRASH

Gentleman, let's talk

Unread post by 14./JG5_CRASH »

As many of you know, JG27 was on the verge of walking out of Forgotten Skies. We have decided to stay for reasons I can expand upon later. Bottom line was we derive a lot of pleasure flying as a squad, and we can just ignore the rest.

I know, and the rest of JG27 knows what happened to you recently. I feel personally responsible, in a way, for throwing you to the wolves, so to speak. The Axis are a fine tuned killing machine, and it will take a very seasoned group of squadrons to put up a fight. Unfortunately, in the realm of Full Switch, there are some of you that aren't seasoned. And because of that you were given the boot. Even though I consider Coastie a friend, let me say that on behalf of JG27 as a whole, we find that move reprehensable.

So, you are out of FS. Now what? I have an offer for you to consider. This is by no means a sure thing, but I want to get your take.

I have talked to my squadron. I have told them my thoughts on the matter. They unanimously agree with me. If =AVG= would like to turn to the dark side... &... If I can convince the Axis CO to grant my request...

JG27 would like to offer you the chance to train and work with us. If accepted, JG27 will commit to training you in the areas of Teamwork, communication, navigation, and basic and advanced dog fighting skill. This would entail extracurricular skrimages on comms, and members of JG27 flying with your squadron, and members of your squadron flying with our flights. (JG27 mans 2 flights on Axis) We would fly as Flight Lead to teach you how to flight lead, and as general pilots within your flight. And your pilots can fly mixed within our Flights. Basically, Black, Orange and (Do you have a color preference other than Blue/Red/Green/Yellow/Gold/White?) will fly as a mixed bag of JG27 and =AVG= until you guys feel comfortable enough to fly completely on your own.

Your commitment in this will require lots of practice both online and off, and dedication from all your pilots to improve. My pilots are motivated and excited to bring you on board and help you out. We were all new once, and we feel with proper mentorship and training, we can polish the skills you already have, make you a deadly asset, and make the Allies regret the day they let you go. 9 November can be your War Cry! :lol:

JG27 has already commited. I will put in a request with the Axis CO to guage his response. But the big answer comes from you. Does =AVG= want to do this?
Commanding Officer
14.(Jabo)/JG5 "Faust der Luftflotte"

14./JG5_CRASH

Re: Gentleman, let's talk

By the way, SNA2007 is not invited. Wet-behind-the-ear nuggets are more trouble than they are worth.

Ahhh, crap. But a Chief's job is to train the JO. Go ahead and bring him along if you must. :P

:mrgreen:
Commanding Officer

Rebiv4

Unread post by Rebiv4 »

I can't express how awesome that would be personally for me, as I am an avid 109 pilot, especially locked in-pit, and I was really disappointed with leaving FS because I was getting a kill almost every flight now and landing every time with little or no battle damage.

It's up to Tiger and the other guys, but I would love to fly with you guys. I have a few years of on and off flight leading, but due to the overall rookie status of many of our pilots it's hard to get into formation and stay there, but I hope with Manchuria and all we can help rectify that with some time, as every AVG pilot is a great player bar none, just needs practice!

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Salute Crash, you are a very good man and every member of the =AVG= would agree.

Looking forward to getting on TS with you one evening. 8-)
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

......What was that chief? Wet behind the ear nugget? I hope there was a SIR after that last remark! Lol, afraid I'll kick your butt are you now chiefy ol' boy? Fine I'll stick with my jet and let the missile do my fighting for me.
:lol:

On a serious note. I believe AVG should take the offer. You guys have aquired a skill set that has exceeded my expectations. However, that skill set and teamwork has been mostly limited to closed pit, but not full real. In this arena, communication and teamwork are musts. In practice, I have seen squadrons easily become separated once an engagement begins. I have also seen that most people would rather fly the skies of valor than Spit vs 109s or Zekes vs Wildcats. Now, that is fine, but if you are going to take FS seriously and JG27 is taking it seriously, you need to fly more in the full real environment, not just when team practice dicates. This will give you a different set of SA, where aircraft recognition as well as your position in 3D space in relation to the enemy and your friendlies will be exponentially increased. For all that wish to take the experience to a different level, I urge you to take the offer and take it seriously, but not to the point where all fun ceases to exist. Personally, I am that much more motivated to do well when we have doubters out there and you guys definitely are by no means underqualified. Also, besides honing your skills in the full real arena, you will learn the aircraft that we typically fight against. Thus, you will be more educated on the capabilities of the aircraft you will most undoubtedly encounter as a foe again.

Remember:

One may do well with no skill or training, that would be luck. Luck runs out. To do well repeatedly, that is skill and skill is aquired through training and experience. Pick their brains at JG27 and remember, the damn krauts are our allies now and have been for 60+ years.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

14./JG5_CRASH

I will take no lip from a nugget with lead wings in his sig. :P

:mrgreen:
Commanding Officer

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

The gold wore off...
Major SNA2007

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

14./JG5_CRASH

Wore off? You've been in the Navy all of three weeks already. Wore off from what? Have you been scrubbing them with a brillo pad to make you look salty? :lol:
Commanding Officer

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

I must say I feel out of place since every one has been posting in a very formal way.. But I got to comment on that last one. LOL!
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Chief, dont make me pull rank in front of the men...
Major SNA2007