Greetings From FKR

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

{FKR}DrFubar

Greetings From FKR

Unread post by {FKR}DrFubar »

Greetings AVG! I wanted to come over to your forum to first off thank you for inviting us to take part in your online campaign in November. We would love to participate and are looking foward to this event. We have some questions in regards to how many pilots we can field, settings that will be used, and plane set for the campaign. To make things easier we can communicate here on your forums if you like. Again thank you for the invite and we look forward to see you all in the skies!!

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Greetings From FKR

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Sir,

Thank you for your interest in our proposed event. As you can imagine, the details are still being worked out. The general concept is that we combine 4 or more squadrons per side for the event. We would put up our server (on a T-1 connection) using IL-2 Server Commander (IL-2SC) and Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG), and we would have the battle run for one week. At the end of the week we would look at the combined scores of the Allied & Axis sides to determine the victor.

We have a stats page, which you can find here, and we would simply reset the stats right before we launch the campaign. At the end of the week the numbers junkies will have something to pour over. During the week of the battle either team at any time could go into the server and fight. Even if there are no enemy in the server you can still fly sorties because there are ground objectives in the missions generated by the DCG. Can you imagine teaming up with a few other squadrons and running a 24/7 battle for a week?

The IL-2SC program gives you a multitude of options for determining gameplay. The DCG gives you a number of campaigns to draw from. So, we just need to determine the settings and the campaign we want to fly. We can determine the campaign and the DCG will determine the plane match up. Since the campaigns are broken down by year in the DCG the plane match ups are always historic and balanced. Personally, I'd like to use Normandy for the first event. And, to include as many squadron members as possible, I'd like to fly locked 'pit with outside views. But, we do want to hear your thoughts on the matter.

Our OPsO, Warren, will be your point of contact, but I wanted to reply to your post as soon as possible. And, since you don't mind having the discussion here, I'd like to be able to get your input as well as others.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Very cool, thank you very much for coming over here and even more so for your interest.

Tiger and I played PM and phone tag today. We'll look to put up a forum and coordinate a common voice comms for all participants as soon as possible. We'll also have a general outline by the end of this week. This week, we'll see what interest is out there.

We have been waiting to pull the trigger on this for a week, I registered at everyones forums thaat I could, not everyone has accepted my rgistrations nor do they publish much contact info. :x I'll have all the invitations shored up this week. We are asking many squadrons from all parts of the game, some are only full real and some open cockpit types. Throw it against the wall and see what and who sticks. There are a few French and Spainish squadrons invited as well. Try to cover some time zones too.

As far as pilot limits, we'll figure exacts in the outline but Im guessing no more than 45 per side in the server at any 1 time..... so anyone of your squadron mates can fly. We'll kind of feel out how many flight hours each squadron could put up, this will have to be considered in picking who is on what side as well.

Glad we finally kicked this off, I'll do my best to keep it on course. :P
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

{FKR}DrFubar

Unread post by {FKR}DrFubar »

I have let my mates know that we will be doing all the communicating here so I'll be acting as the liason for FKR. We are really excited about this and again are glad that we were invited. We should be able to field at any given time anywhere between 1-15 pilots, maybe even more if everyone in our group is on at the same time. The biggest thing that my fellow pilots at FKR are curious about is how will the settings be? I'll be checking your forums daily, and if there is anything you need from us just let me know.

{FKR}Sanjuro

Unread post by {FKR}Sanjuro »

~S~

Sounds like a good time! Really looking forward to it!

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Sanjuro,

We are in the testing phase now and we expect to be well prepared for November. Also, we have set up a specific forum where I have posted the preliminary details of the campaign. You can find the Wings~of~War forum at the bottom of the board index. Here's a link for you;

viewforum.php?f=4

Your input would be greatly appreciated.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler