Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Switching to the Ardennes 1944 campaign

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Using IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 4.10.1 with UP 3.0, I was having difficulty getting the spawn points to work on the carriers. I tried everything I could think of, and even contacted Lowengrin to see if there was a solution. I worked on the problem until the very last minute, so I am sorry for the late notice. We will be playing Wings~of~War: Ardennes 1944 instead of Marianas 1944, using IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 4.10.1 and UP 3.0.

One good thing that will come of this is that we have the ability to use the C-47 and Ju-52 in the Ardennes 1944 campaign to make paratrooper and cargo drops. When I asked Lowengrin about whether or not these drops would affect the campaigns, he replied;
Lowengrin wrote:Yes, paradrops actually impact the campaign and so does cargo (cargo will fix defenses at the airfield and possibly neighbouring locations).
I am anxious to see what type of impact dropping paratroopers and cargo will have on the campaign.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

JL_Grube
Captain
Captain

Re: Switching to the Ardennes 1944 campaign

Unread post by JL_Grube »

OOOOO :) Im very interested to see how this all works . Finally have all mods and updates working correctly .

Boomer
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Boomer »

That sounds pretty sweet! Paratroopers and cargo?! And that fixes bombed airfields?.... this could make it realllly interesting!
=AVG=Boomer
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Alpha
Major
Major

Unread post by Alpha »

Cool Tiger, I'm all about the C47 runs. Sorry i wont make it for the kick-off.
Major Alpha
Commanding Officer
2nd Pursuit Squadron, PANDA BEARS

I love my country.
It's my government I fear