berlin

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

OldE

berlin

Unread post by OldE »

tiger i was ALL in for adding planes and i like that there are more but i feel as if the plane set you have now is offset in some ways and that Germans have better selection bomber wise...why was the IL-10 left out...and why just yak3. what ever is whatever alittle late now.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: berlin

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ OldE,

Thank you for aptly demonstrating that you can never make everyone happy. ;)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

OldE

Unread post by OldE »

i am happy...i was just making a suggestion to keep EVERYONE happy since not everyone likes to fly fighters some like bombers......it's ok i like more planes..just suggesting...but it's fine...this all comes down to theroy....yeah lets get some bombers for one side...well if you dont add anything to help the other side what do you wind up with....i just want to fly a campain where people WANT to fly where there is enough of a selection that everyone/more people will WANT to fly and not just want AVG blue first side with more bombers and then not show up next time because they cant bomb or they know it's not worth showing up because of what ever reason...do you understand what i am getting at...keep it historicly accurate but it doesnt have to be a 1945 battle with 1942 planes....or miss matched battle wise..i would just like to finaly see a few IL-10's and fun other then IL-2

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ OldE,

I was pulling your chain a bit (hence the smiley face). But, I'll tell you what; if you can find reference to the IL-10 in the order of battle I will add it. I did some checking, and I can find references for every aircraft in the campaign for the theater and time period. I want to be historically accurate as possible, so if you can find the reference, I'll gladly add the IL-10. I could only find references to the IL-2.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

OldE

Unread post by OldE »

On 23 August 1944 the Il-10 was ordered into serial production by decision of the State Defense Committee (GKO) as a new ground attack plane.[5] Its armament was initially similar to late model Il-2s, with two 23 mm VYa-23 cannons and two ShKAS machine guns in the wings, and a 12.7 mm UBT machine gun for a rear gunner, and 400 kg, or a maximum 600 kg of bombs. Unlike the Il-2 and Su-6, it was not initially meant to carry rockets.

working on more.

http://lend-lease.airforce.ru/english/a ... /index.htm

found this but tired of looking and total lack of intrest.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

RCAF_FB_OldE wrote:working on more.
Good deal. Let me know what you find. And, thank you.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

OldE

Unread post by OldE »

but for edit and last one

http://ww2db.com/aircraft_spec.php?airc ... del_id=F90

In October 1944, the Il-10 first entered service with training units in the Soviet Air Force. In January 1945, the first Il-10 combat unit entered service with the 78th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment, but it did not enter action due to unfinished training. However, three other Il-10 units managed to take part in the final combat actions of World War II in Europe. They were the 571st Assault Aviation Regiment (from 15 April 1945), the 108th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment (from 16 April 1945), and the 118th Guards Assault Aviation Regiment (on 8 May 1945). About a dozen aircraft were destroyed by flak or engine breakdowns, but the Il-10 appeared to be a successful design. One was shot down by an Fw 190 fighter, but a crew of the 118th Regiment shot down another Fw 190 and probably damaged another. On 10 May 1945, the day after the official Soviet end of the war, (Victory Day), there were 120 serviceable Il-10s in Soviet Air Force combat units, and 26 disabled ones. il-10 not many but a few.

In the Soviet Air Force, Il-10 first entered into training units in October 1944. In January 1945 the first Il-10 combat unit entered service (the 78th Guards assault aviation regiment), but it did not enter action due to unfinished training. However, three other Il-10 units managed to take part in the final combat actions of the World War II in Europe. They were: the 571st assault aviation regiment (from April 15, 1945), the 108th Guards assault aviation regiment (from April 16, 1945) and the 118th Guards assault aviation regiment (on May 8, 1945). About dozen aircraft were destroyed by the Flak or due to engine breakdowns, but the Il-10 appeared a successful design. One was shot down by a Fw 190 fighter, but a crew of the 118th regiment shot down other Fw 190 and probably damaged the next one. On May 10, 1945, there were 120 serviceable Il-10 in Soviet Air Force combat units, and 26 broken down ones.

http://www.pilotfriend.com/photo_albums ... ak%209.htm

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ OldE,

I checked the links. I don't see where it is stated that the IL-10 or the Yak-9 were used in Berlin. Can you point me in the right direction?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer