game locks up at connection

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

game locks up at connection

Unread post by Colslaw »

For some reason on this cycle of the campaign I am unable to connect properly. My game loads and as soon as I select the WoW server my game locks up and I have to restart the computer. I haven't changed anything so am at a loss as to what is going on.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: game locks up at connection

Unread post by Colslaw »

Finally found the problem. . my antivirus decided I had too many rules and was blocking my WoW version. The little window asking if I wished to allow the program never popped up as IL2 was loading and it was just out of frustration that I decided to manually add my UP2.01 to the list of allowed programs.

I just checked it and it works, so hopefully I will make it in for this redo after all, as it was getting very aggravating to have my computer crash on my daily attempt.

PS I have played a lot of World of Tanks while my @#$%^&* antivirus kept me grounded - so much so that I went and bought a 1/16 scale RC Panther that shoots 6mm BBs.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

WWHappy

Unread post by WWHappy »

I have the same problem :x I make it to the fly screen then she locks up :? Only way out is a reboot !

RAF209_Beer30

Unread post by RAF209_Beer30 »

Copied from a pevious post by Tiger in this Forum.

"..try deleting the files in your mission cache. And, if you are not already using one, try a modified il2fb.exe file in the jsgme. I use 512MB and it works very well. They are all CRT=2 compliant."

This worked for me.

Salute!
Beer

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

I also experienced the same problem, first notable symptom was that after pressing fly, I'm in my cockpit but I can't turn to look around; Froze!

So shut the game from Task Mgr and then start up again, this time I didn't even make it to the cockpit, it locked up as soon as the mission was loaded and went to the map screen. Two more attempts and the same results.

So I also found Tiger's thread named "If you're having issues in the Berlin campaign..." as a sticky on top of this forum stating...
Tiger wrote:..try deleting the files in your mission cache. And, if you are not already using one, try a modified il2fb.exe file in the jsgme. I use 512MB and it works very well. They are all CRT=2 compliant.

S!~
And I realized that this was the only installation that I had not cleaned out my mission cache so I went ahead and did that and tried the EXE 512MB... Still no go. This time I had a crt=2 Failure Timeout 1

Frustrated at this point I didn't quite understand if Tiger meant the having the 6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr w/ the EXE 512MB activated as well because I thought their would be a conflict as it asked me was I sure to run these two together so I tried it and Success!
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

WWHappy

Unread post by WWHappy »

Razgriz_37 wrote:I also experienced the same problem, first notable symptom was that after pressing fly, I'm in my cockpit but I can't turn to look around; Froze!

So shut the game from Task Mgr and then start up again, this time I didn't even make it to the cockpit, it locked up as soon as the mission was loaded and went to the map screen. Two more attempts and the same results.

So I also found Tiger's thread named "If you're having issues in the Berlin campaign..." as a sticky on top of this forum stating...
Tiger wrote:..try deleting the files in your mission cache. And, if you are not already using one, try a modified il2fb.exe file in the jsgme. I use 512MB and it works very well. They are all CRT=2 compliant.

S!~
And I realized that this was the only installation that I had not cleaned out my mission cache so I went ahead and did that and tried the EXE 512MB... Still no go. This time I had a crt=2 Failure Timeout 1

Frustrated at this point I didn't quite understand if Tiger meant the having the 6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr w/ the EXE 512MB activated as well because I thought their would be a conflict as it asked me was I sure to run these two together so I tried it and Success!
Thanks that also worked for me . :D I'm now in the game and it runs good,