WOW BoB

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RAF209_Beer30

WOW BoB

Unread post by RAF209_Beer30 »

S! All,

The way I see it from flying in the server and perusing the plane list. the Battle of Britain is going to be a purely defensive battle for the Allies, As it was in the real thing.
Conversely it will be an attack scenario for the Germans as it was in the real thing.
That said. Other than ships and AA what are some of the other point targets available to the Huns? I have yet to see a convoy or vehicles. Maybe I just missed them, which is entirely possible or there aren't any. Just what do we bomb for points or to turn the tide of battle?

Also! And this is weird. I have been able to fly in the server normally, excepting at times, my graphics are in the gutter. I will get completely black terrain and sky. When selecting a plane all the planes are white instead of painted. Or I will have an extremely bright external view with the instruments whitened out. Sometimes when that happens my computer will lock up. There is no rhyme or reason as to when this all happens. Sometimes I will select a plane, get a normal paint, then change to another and it will come up white
This morning I got in and flew a perfectly normal mission.
I have no problem in any of the other servers. My Mod Enabler is loaded correctly.
Any one have any ideas as to the cause?
Thank you!

Salute!
Beer

Emil Frand

Re: WOW BoB

Unread post by Emil Frand »

About the same happens to me in a Spit MkVb and MkIX it really sux when my gauges are white blocks and Ive yet to get the gunsight on a MkIX to work

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

Part of what u 2 are experiencing is just a small taste of what is going around with this one. Pretty sure its something to do with this paticular map ( which I do like a lot ). Also there are plenty of things to drop them big eggs on, just have to find them, they are there, and in truth just like the real thing most are hidden outa plain site. Hope this help u guys some ~S~ Blood out

RAF209_Beer30

Thanks Bloodshadow.
At least I see that I am not the only one with that problem.
As to targets? Did finally spot radar towers and ending up crashing into one trying to bomb it. LOL!

Salute!
Beer

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

Beer I found this little ditty as well... don't know if it will help but at least it's worth a look see.
Graphics: -

Recommended that you enable S3TC compression in your graphics card setup !!!

Launch il2 Setup, select Video tab, Choose Custom. Check ARB texture compression box and then select S3TC compression.

The mods have increased the amount of textures and their sizes considerably and this really helps those with older PC’s and graphics cards to avoid a CTD during mission loading or game launch.
even tho it says for older pc's it was commented in the post a few lines down that it helped with newer stuffs as well.

~S~
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

RAF209_Beer30

S! Yoke,

Launched my IL2 game and clicked on Video options. I don't have the "Check ARB textures compression" box available. I click on Custom and get the following:
6 boxes which treat to Visibility distance, Object lighting and distance, Landscape lighting and distance, and cloud s detail. All are set at "Excellent"

Salute!
Beer

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

You're looking for il2set.exe in your main IL2 folder.
Trouble4u

RAF209_Beer30

S!

OK! Got into the correct folder and changed the settings as outlined in Yokes post. It made the condition worse. I had the problem every time I entered the server and was unable to fly at all.
Changed back to the original setting which was "None" and entered the server with no graphics problem. Although, using the present setting is stll problematic, at least I will be able to fly occasionally when the graphics god permits.
Given that others are having the problem and in order to find something to blame, I think it is the map, as I do not have this problem in any other server.
Thank you Yoke and T4U for your time and trouble.

Salute!
Beer

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

oh heck , well at least it was worth a shot and able to undo with a few check boxes.
you know I will continue to look into it as I remember... just one more question...
what graphics card are you using and if it is ATI what version of drivers ?
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

RAF209_Beer30

S!

ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series [Display adapter] Not sure about the driver.

Salute!
Beer