Should we run Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 again?

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Yes. We should run the Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Campaign again.
73%
No. We should not run the Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Campaign again.
27%

Total votes: 33

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I am wondering if it would be a good idea to run the Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 Campaign again, after the Redoux, now the the equipment is working as it should. For the week of Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943, we only ran 50 missions, and there was a period of at least 3 hours a day where the script had died. I typically fired it up again at around 07:00 Eastern.

So, please vote and give me your input on this.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Schwack
Captain
Captain

Re: Should we run Wings~of~War: North Africa 1943 again?

Unread post by Schwack »

I love the plane set, but there are not enough airfields, and the airfields are too close together. If we used a bigger map, with 4 - 6 different airfields in the rear for each side, I think things would run more smoothly. It is far too easy for one side to gain ultimate air supremacy on this map.

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

I say yes for one reason alone. You have every thing working correctly now and it would be interesting to see if it would make a difference. As for adding airfields and stuff, if this is generated off the DCG then the DCG places the airfields and the amount of them there are. If you wanted 5 or 6 airfields pr side on a map generated by the DCG then you are looking at a map that is on the huge side, be somewhere in the size range of the manchirin war map or bigger. As with this there is allso consiquinces ( i know i spelled that wronge and not got the umf to look up the correct spelling lol ). Usualy with that many airfields on a DCG map then they are usualy restricted to one or maybe 2 types of aircraft. also In past experiences with it , the crazy thing will post fighters in the back base's way in the rear and only one with bombers. So its a toss up. damned if you do damned if you don't lol. ~S~ Blood out

RCAF_FB_Cryton

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Cryton »

Further more to add to bloods post, I also vote yes, but I say we need to reposition or add the re arm repair so that it's not only on the strip but on the dirt fields as well, simply because it's nearly impossible for larger planes to make a turnaround so they could take off again.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

RCAF_FB_Cryton wrote:..I say we need to reposition or add the re arm repair so that it's not only on the strip but on the dirt fields as well, simply because it's nearly impossible for larger planes to make a turnaround so they could take off again.
I'd be happy to, if someone could just explain to me how to do it. It was automatic with the airstrips that were placed on the map, but I have never specified R/R/R in a campaign.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

I don't think you can. every time i run this map in the DCG the bloody thing only makes them 2 base's r/r/r. Possably has somethin to do with the fact that they are hard base's and not dirt like the others ~S~ Blood out

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

is it possible to widen the strips? If so then it is a lot easier to turn the larger aircraft around
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

We could widen the strips, but I was actually considering going the other way if we fly this campaign again in the future. With the new DCG and Zuti, all of the airstrips can be dirt strips. I suppose I can ask Lowengrin if we can have R/R/R for dirt fields. Perhaps he'll have a solution.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Tiger wrote:
RCAF_FB_Cryton wrote:..I say we need to reposition or add the re arm repair so that it's not only on the strip but on the dirt fields as well, simply because it's nearly impossible for larger planes to make a turnaround so they could take off again.
I have never specified R/R/R in a campaign.
On the contrary Tiger, in your Normandy Campaign, the British Isle Base did in fact have the R/R/R featured enabled for use. I was able to utilize the feature only at a specific point on the base. Somehow that area was designated for R/R/R/ only and I knew you could limit what area on the base you wanted I just didn't know how myself.

Me and Vengence are still reading that DCG Manual. Stuff like this is necessary though for fully customizable DCG Campaigns.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

You may be right about Normandy having R/R/R Raz, but I didn't put it there. It was somehow specified in the mission file, but I don't understand how. Now that you and Vengence are reading thru the documentation, I believe you can see what a daunting task it is to correctly modify campaigns for the DCG. My hope is that I can also find time to read and understand the documentation as I would like to be able to build campaigns from scratch.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer