For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

WARNING!!!

Unread post by Tiger »

Wings~of~War is a continuous 24 hour, 7 day dynamic campaign for IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946, using the Dedicated IL-2 Server Software, Ultra Pack 2.01, FB Daemon II (FBD2), and a Wings~of~War exclusive; Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG) Beta 3.46 for use with MDS.

Wings~of~War campaigns are designed to be realistic in the extreme and are intended to create a very immersive combat experience. As such, there are virtually no rules. Every attempt has been made to govern gameplay through the use of available software, such as FB Daemon II, which will restrict a player's ability to join the opposing side, and also enforces the 15 minute death penalty. Or, the Dynamic Campaign Generator, which not only manages the dynamic campaign, but also restricts a player's ability to use the opponent's markings. Even the server software is set for checkRuntime=2 to ensure that everyone is playing the same game.

However, I should point out that there is no committee. One of the reasons that there are virtually no rules for Wings~of~War campaigns is that there is no committee with which to lodge a complaint. And, this is by design. It is my intent to eliminate issues that are caused by the subjective nature of the various interpretations of a rule, such as vulching. And, that is why there is no rule against it. Please understand, before you register, that if you are in the server during the campaign, you are a target.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF209_Beer30

Re: WARNING!!!

Unread post by RAF209_Beer30 »

S! All,

I surely do not want to start an arguement and I understand the pros and cons involved when the subject of vulching and ground sluicing arises in a campaign. And I am not lodging a complaint. Just an observation.

However, the tactics RCAF has been using in the Wings of War North African campaign, which include the above, plus server saturation, will, in my opinion, affect future Wings of War attendance by other Squads, who, otherwise, love to play the campaign. This purely a personal opinion and does not reflect the attitude of the 209RAF.
Just sayin'.

Salute!
Beer

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Beerman,

Thank you for your comments. I understand what you are saying, but the problem is not the RCAF. To them, this is not a game. It is all out war. They will beat you any way they can. That includes annihilating the enemy with overwhelming force, and defeating their opponent both mentally as well as physically. This is the reason that I posted this warning. These campaigns are not for everyone. The campaigns are only for those who want to organize an opposition and find a way to beat the enemy. And, in this case, against all odds.

It is not impossible to defeat the RCAF, but it's going to take sufficient numbers and organization. In RCAF's defense, they have asked that for future campaigns we put the RCAF on one team and everyone else who registers for the event on the other. They too, would like a challenge. But, no one has been able to give them a real challenge yet. And, they are not willing to give the opposition any type of handicap. What good will it do if the other team finally wins, just to find out that the RCAF did not do everything within their power to defeat them?

Again, these campaigns are not for everyone. So, you are correct that some will not return. Some pilots do not fly the game to simulate war. For those pilots I recommend the open servers. Some of the other events, although they are full real, are more structured. Perhaps Ghost Skies is more to their liking, and there is nothing wrong with that. But, Wings~of~War is intended to simulate actual war, and there is nothing else like it in the IL-2 universe.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF209_Beer30

S! Tiger,
Rgr, that and understood. I for one will prolly not stop with WoW as I think it is a great campaign. My major interest in flying on the Internet is to partake in the campaigns with a group of friends. At present my Squad is going through hard times due to to low membership and members having real life issues. I fully expect us to get back on our feet in the future.

I know AVG has TS and I would use it but I have Windows 7 which precludes the use of Teamspeak 2.and which recognizes Teamspeak 3 only. Therefore, am unable to join you on your TS.

Thanks for your post.

Salute!
Beer

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

S! Beer, I have Windows 7 and have trouble using TS2 and TS3. I don't know why you can't get it working, I'm sure there is an answer to it and maybe we can figure it out.
Trouble4u

RAF209_Beer30

S! Trouble,

I have no problems with TS 3. It downloaded and installed easily and works fine.
I was told by the people who built my computer that TS 2 was not compatible with Windows 7 and that a Window 7 tech would have to be consulted to get TS 2 to work on Windows 7
Something about having to have a second desk top and that left me way out in left field.

Salute!
Beer

Derring

Unread post by Derring »

~Salute~

I think someone else had this problem just the other night.

Solution: Right click TS2, Run As: 'administrator' (e.g. XP, Win7 maybe a little different).

~Salute~

RAF209_Beer30

Yes! I tried tried that and got the same window as when opening it normally. No dice.,

Salute!
Beer

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Beerman,

When you installed the program, did it go to C:\Program Files, or C:\Program Files (x86)?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

RAF209_Beer30

When I installed Teamspeak 3 it installed into C:\Program Files (x86).

Salute!
Beer