Salute the =AVG=

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Max Galland

Salute the =AVG=

Unread post by Max Galland »

S!

Brave pilots of the =AVG= I just wanted to say hello and introduce myself again. I was a member once before, but real life took it's toll before I could even get started. But my time is a little better now, allowing me time to fly. I hope to be approved soon for membership. It has been awhile since I have been able to fly, so I am looking forward to flight school.

I look forward to flying with y'all.

S!

Max

BigO

Re: Salute the =AVG=

Unread post by BigO »

S!~Max:

We are glad to hear from you. We have received your application, but have not seen you on the =AVG= Teamspeak, nor flying in any of the open servers.

As part of our membership process, we are asking pilots to spend a few weeks flying with us on-line (in open servers) as well as being on the =AVG= Teamspeak, so we can get to know you again.

Please consider this your invitation to join us any night on =AVG= Teamspeak, as there is usually someone flying in an open server, who is looking for a wingman.

See you in the skies....
BigO

Max Galland

S! Big O,

Thank you for the open invitation. Tiger had told me to get in there and say hello. But I have been using my flying time to get re-acquainted with flying, the game, and my joystick settings. I am feeling a little more comfortable and plan to get in the servers soon. I have a stick issue I have to resolve before I do though. I am afraid I will be easy cannon fodder where I am at this time. But that's all part of the learning process, right. So look for me soon.

S!

Max

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Max Galland wrote:S! Big O,

Thank you for the open invitation. Tiger had told me to get in there and say hello. But I have been using my flying time to get re-acquainted with flying, the game, and my joystick settings. I am feeling a little more comfortable and plan to get in the servers soon. I have a stick issue I have to resolve before I do though. I am afraid I will be easy cannon fodder where I am at this time. But that's all part of the learning process, right. So look for me soon.

S!

Max
S! Mate
if you provide more info I may be able to help you with the stick :)
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Max Galland

S! SLN

I PMed you but decided to post here also, in case others have an idea on it too.

I am running a Wingman Extreme 3D Pro. The planes are in a constant climb and turn to the left. I have tried to go to the Profiler to adjust the stick. But it says there are no controllers attached. So I am unable to adjust it.

Any ideas?

S!
Max

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

What OS are you using I found when installing the software you have to make sure your joystick is connected at the right time to get the profiler to work. I have an extreme 3d Pro and have it set to my flying style which most would call very touchy as I just have to very slightly movemy joystick handle to move my controls.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Max Galland

I am running Vista 64 bit. I will try reinstalling it.

S!
Max

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

I have an logitech force 3d pro and needed to reinstall drivers like 3 or 4 times to get it to work right. Kept saying no controller found. Vista 32 bit for ya!
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

I had vista 64 bit at one time and just plugged in my joystick then installed the software which seemed to work for me
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Logitech 3D Xtreme Pro will fail and start to do exactly as you describe. The calibration software for it just shows you how it works and isn't to adjust it. Some people have had success with cleaning the contacts, I just take it back as part of the three year replacement warranty.

If you look at the calibration window in the logitech software you can see exactly how far out from centre it is - my last one was bouncing all around even if I wasn;t touching it. In some cases you can use the trim in IL2 to compensate, but usually it is time to get a new one.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=