What I'm doing to get my game compliant

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Matt

What I'm doing to get my game compliant

Unread post by Matt »

This is what I'm doing tonight to get compliant. I hope I'm not missing anything.

Copy conf file
(I made some changes in it to make IL2 fit my 16:9 screen, so I want to keep a copy of it for reference)

Copy Users folder so I can paste it into the new installation
(I use a keyboard mod so none of the key assignments I use are in the default locations)

Uninstall IL-2 1946

Install IL-2 1946 from my DVD

Patch to 4.08m

Patch to 4.09m

Install UltraPack 2.0m. I found it here:
http://uslglobal.com/forums/index.php?s ... topic=1460

Download and install UltraPack 2.0m patch

Run the JSGME and enable these UP2 mods:
00_6DOF_Tracker_2_0_sHr
01_TougherBridges
01_Zuti_DSMod_v1.1_UP
HSFX HISTORY MOD
Matt Thomas

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: What I'm doing to get my game compliant

Unread post by Colslaw »

yup. . that is exactly how I did it for my 1.8 install. ... which I later installed UP2 over
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

hmmmm, where did I go wrong? I installed up_2.0 , or at least I said yes to extract it, and now I dont know where it extracted to or what happened.

leatherpuke

Unread post by leatherpuke »

Do a search on your computer for UP 2.0. Once you find it, re-extract it but make sure it is pointed at your IL2 1946 folder.

If you have more than one install, make sure it is pointed to the location of your primary game.

One other thing you might want to do is go into your 1946 folder and make a copy of your files.sfs file. This tends to disappear for no apparent reason and makes it so your game won't boot up. Easy copy and paste fix, just kind of annoying.
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

Matt

Unread post by Matt »

Well it looks like I went one step too far and I'm stuck. I installed the UltraPack 2.0m patch, which means I can't play Wings of War but I can play Forgotten Skies.

I need to install another copy of IL-2 1946, but when I insert my DVD to install it, the "INSTALL" option is grayed out. I tried re-naming my existing IL-2 Sturmovik 1946 folder, but I get the same result. How do I install another copy of IL-2 1946?
Matt Thomas

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

That is also what happened to me - I was unable to move, rename or install the first install. .. what I did was to install IL2 on my laptop using the DVD and then copied that install to my external backup drive. I then copied the new install on the backup drive to my desktop .. EXCEPT I made a new folder on my C drive for it

C:/GAMES/IL2

This install I patched to 4.08m and call IL2 - 408m and I now have a good basic install that I can use as the basis for future ones. .. When I need a need a new version I copy/paste this one and rename the new one to what it ultimately will be. ..
IL2 - 408m
IL2 - AAA is the 4.08/4.09b UI 1.1.1 switcher
IL2 - UP2+ is the current Forgotten Skies mixup
IL2 - WoW is my just redone UP2 so I can play WoW
IL2 - HSFX is the HSFX

I also have copies on my D drive, but for some reason they ran slower than the C drive ones.

I'll be on and off TS throughout the day if you want to work on your reinstall
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

If you have UP2.0 you do not need the HSFX install. HSFX is included in the UP2.0 and works fine. I flew it in SEOW last night and had no problems.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Matt

Unread post by Matt »

Colslaw wrote:That is also what happened to me - I was unable to move, rename or install the first install. .. what I did was to install IL2 on my laptop using the DVD and then copied that install to my external backup drive. I then copied the new install on the backup drive to my desktop .. EXCEPT I made a new folder on my C drive for it
Ok, I think I can do something similar. I can install IL2 1946 on my Admin computer. It is on my LAN with my game computer, so I think I can just move the files over into a new folder on my game computer like you did. I'll give it a try. Thank you!
Matt Thomas

Matt

Unread post by Matt »

Ok! I now have two installations of IL-2 1946 v4.09

One installation has Ultra Pack 2.0m
So I should be able to fly on Wings~of~War

The other installation has Ultra Pack 2.0m with the patch
So I should be able to fly on Forgotten Skies

Is there any way I can log onto Wings~of~War to be sure? Or should I wait till Manchuria is over with? I tried the IP, but I needed a password.
Matt Thomas

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

I think I know what happened, I have UP.20.exe and it trys to extract to a temp file then will display an install box. Problem is I bet my C drive is fresh out of space so I assume the extraction never gets completed, rather than try to create more space, is there a way I can change the exe file to extract to a specific place?

I got this file through a torrent.