Tragic Supreme Court Ruling

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Big_Fred
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Tragic Supreme Court Ruling

Unread post by Big_Fred »

I, for one, welcome our corporate overlords.
Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

"War without fire is like sausage without mustard".
Henry V.

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Sorry Smokin, I'm not saying that it is a good thing. I am saying that it may or may not be. I don't see that it is as bad you say it is. Also you only seem concerned with corporations having more influence over who is elected, what about the labor unions? They already have major influence on who is elected even considering the facts and the evidence of corrupting influence of greed.

I didn't mean to go off topic on why the Dems can expect huge losses in November, I was just pointing out that what the Sup court did today isn't going to effect the election, that has already been handled. thats not rhetoric we've seen what to expect by the results in Massachusetts and the other special elections. Dems are really going to have to pull a rabbit out of their hat in the coming months to change this.

But on the HC, It's not suposed to reduce the defict, it was intended to be defict neutral meaning it was not to add to it nor reduce it. problem it it would only be that way for at most 10 years and that is only because they where to start taxing for it now but no inact it for 4 years.

The defict was 2 trill for Bush over 8 years, Plus 10 for Obama in 1 year. Twelve Trillion in the hole total. But its OK because they approved themselves to go up another 2 or 3 when they think of a way to spend it.
Trouble4u

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Trouble4u wrote:The defict was 2 trill for Bush over 8 years, Plus 10 for Obama in 1 year. Twelve Trillion in the hole total. But its OK because they approved themselves to go up another 2 or 3 when they think of a way to spend it.
Couldn't be because the last administration put off paying for those wars until Shrub & Co were comfortably out of office could it?
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

The defict was 2 trill for Bush over 8 years, Plus 10 for Obama in 1 year. Twelve Trillion in the hole total. But its OK because they approved themselves to go up another 2 or 3 when they think of a way to spend it.
That's just silly misinformation there. The deficit was 11 trillion before Obama ever got into office, that's + 6 trillion more than where Clinton left it when the deficit was going in the opposite direction which is + 1.6 trillion from where Bush Sr left it, that's something you can check on yourself. I don't know who told you that, but they lied.

http://www.treasurydirect.gov/NP/BPDLog ... ication=np
Also you only seem concerned with corporations having more influence over who is elected, what about the labor unions? They already have major influence on who is elected even considering the facts and the evidence of corrupting influence of greed.
Both, its the same thing as far as Im concerned, unions, corporations, any entity created by the law is not an entity that should be given 1rst amendment rights like the average living breathing citizen. It only seems that way to you because I haven't used the word unions nearly as much as I have with corporations, but lets be real, corporations have infinitely more funds to control the outcome of elections than anyone. More restrictions for lobbyists is always a good thing, I honestly dont care if they belong to unions or corporation.
But on the HC, It's not suposed to reduce the defict, it was intended to be defict neutral meaning it was not to add to it nor reduce it. problem it it would only be that way for at most 10 years and that is only because they where to start taxing for it now but no inact it for 4 years.
HC, would reduce what we are already spending and will spend in the future. But this is way to complex to get into because there are just too many versions of the bill out there where in some instances you would have a point and in some instances I would have a point. In the ideal scenario I have seen , a very left version of the HC bill, the bi partisan budget comity confirmed that the HC bill would greatly reduce the deficit while improving HC, the watered down version with great influence from the lobbyists , with no PO, the opposite is true.