UP 2.0 update available for download

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

leatherpuke

Re: UP 2.0 update available for download.

Unread post by leatherpuke »

Well, here's the update on the 2.0 saga.

I completely uninstalled IL-2 and everything related to it. Then I re-installed and patched up to 4.09m.

Now I'm going to try and patch that to 2.0 instead of 1.8 with the update.

We'll see how this goes.
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

leatherpuke

Unread post by leatherpuke »

Nope, still didn't work.

I tried using U-torrent to download the entire 2.0 thingy but after 3 and a half hours it had only donwloaded %5, so I scratched that idea.

Went back and re-installed a fresh download of 1.8 and then patched it to 2.0 and got even more problems this time.

First of all, all of the text in game turned to russian, which is pretty annoying considering I can't read russian. Then, I only got about half of the MODS that I got the last time I installed 2.0. THEN, it wouldn't let me get into MEDARS server because it said I wasn't using ZUTI 1.01......which I was.

So, I am officially boycotting this 2.0 crap fest. I'll stick to 1.8 for now, even if it means I can't fly in FS, which really bums me out.

I can't be the only one who is having this many issues with this thing.
.50 Caliber......because people have a nasty habit of hiding behind stuff when you shoot at them.

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

I uninstalled the patch, deleted one copy of IL-2 and made new copy and installed UP2.0 full install and still can't get into WOW. Very agravating to say the least.Thats my $.02

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

~S~
Leatherpuke...
I read at the UP site issues involving russian text....
They say either a corrupted download or your antivirus nay be gumming up the works.

The person there that was having the problem stopped his AV and ran the install and reported game is now running fine for him.

worth a shot
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

CAN SOMEONE HELP ME? I have installed deleted and reinstalled 2.0 and still can't get into wow. I see some people have gotten it to work BUT NOT ME! I am running vista if it helps figuring this out. Let me know and I can get on teamspeak with you if you give me a time. Thanks, Decker

YOKE
Major
Major

Unread post by YOKE »

i'm not a vista user but we can give it a shot if ya want
on ts now if ya see this , should be on and off most afternoon for a few hours at least
"Shut Up And Die Like An Aviator"

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Ive tried 2 of the 3 mirrors for the 1.8 to 2.0 patch
had zero luck, I just did a clean 4.07 to 4.08 to 4.09 and now im installing the 2.0 so we'll see.
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

Give me about an hour. I am re aranging my desktop icons and deleting any unnecissary crap i don't use. See you then. BTW thanks for your willingness to help. Derring gave it a shot but i had to go to the inlaws before we could finish.

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

Sorry about yesterday. I got really busy with my kids. If someone with vista is up and running with Ultrapack2.0 please give me a time you can meet me on Teamspeak and walk me through the install. I have done just the update patch and I have done the full install and still cannot get into WOW. mainly I want to be able to fly Forgotten skies tonight. Please! someone help.

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Mine is pretty screwed up too...I cannot start a Dogfight map and actually select any aircraft - and apparently a number of people are having this problem with no resolution known.

1.8 was not bad...so far 2.0 is a small disaster when it does not work...if it works - cool.