Event Idea

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RAF209_Benge

Event Idea

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

S! Tiger,

I have an idea for an event...even got a few maps you could use for it.

How about a couple of WW 1 style events :-) It seems vDM isn't going to grace us with the Christmas gift of Canvas Knights...now its looking like Easter.

Just a thought..

Get some of those

P-11 cs
U-2vS
TB-3ms
CR 42
CR 32
Swordfish if they get the multi fixed
I-15
Gladiators

Doesnt that sound like a load of fun :-)
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

Medar

Re: Event Idea

Unread post by Medar »

I actually have a map I started that revolved around "Bloody April" in 1917...specifically the Battle of Arras and the events before/after the Battle of Somme in France. I had chosen the following:

Red (Allies):
Gladiator both versions (British built)
I-15 (Russian built)

Blue (Axis):
P-11 (Polish built)
CR 32 & 42 (Italian built)

Had two bases each...just never did load any AAA, Ground, or otherwise. Was meant to be part of the MDS map rotation I have going on the Practice Server - just like I said...never finished it.

RAF209_Benge

That sounds cool
:)

Put some U2-VS s in there for us 2 seater types... too bad the Swordfish has a glitch or two yet...it makes an awesome Brisfit :-)

The maps I have came from Mission4Today...they are specifically from Against the Blue Max and Flying the RFC
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

RAF209_Benge wrote:That sounds cool
:)

Put some U2-VS s in there for us 2 seater types... too bad the Swordfish has a glitch or two yet...it makes an awesome Brisfit :-)

The maps I have came from Mission4Today...they are specifically from Against the Blue Max and Flying the RFC
Benge - shoot those maps to me if you don't mind...are they for IL-2? [email protected]

Thanks!

RAF209_Benge

yup
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Bloody April is supposed to have the superior aircraft on the German side. .. as much as I like the P11 and the Cr42, the Gladiator and the I-153 totally outperform them unless the Cr42 is used to zoom and boom.

There is also an Hs123 and an Avia 534 in the new mods. . so perhaps give the German side both of those and then things get interesting.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Colslaw wrote:Bloody April is supposed to have the superior aircraft on the German side. .. as much as I like the P11 and the Cr42, the Gladiator and the I-153 totally outperform them unless the Cr42 is used to zoom and boom.

There is also an Hs123 and an Avia 534 in the new mods. . so perhaps give the German side both of those and then things get interesting.
Absolutely Colslaw...I am not versed with all the varied biplanes in the mods...and those two fit right in with the theme as well (both being Axis for the most part). I was going to counter the slightly better aircraft of the Gladiator with higher numbers of German aircraft (since Axis won those battles)...but can instead write these aircraft in as well - which will be a nice counter.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

minor point. . in WWI there was no Axis. . there was the Entente - which later became known as the Allied Powers, and the Allied powers which later became more widely known as the Central Powers.

Initially the Entente was Britain, France and Russia. The Allied powers were originally Germany, Austro-Hungary and Italy. Italy found a way to not support the Alliance due to the language of the agreement and backed out before joining the Entente in 1915

Confusing. . indeed, which is what makes it all so interesting
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

RAF209_Benge

Yes very, especially when you throw in these added facts

Even though Russia was allied with France and Britian.

The English did not enter the Great War on the behalf of Russia in 1914 (Reason Russia invaded Germany and Austria Hungary),the British did not feel honor bound to the Entente treaty as it was a defense treaty not an aggression treaty. It wasn't until Germany put the Schiefflin plan into motion, aka the big wheel motion through Belgium and Flanders (to counter the French invasion of the Alsace) that Great Britain and the Commonwealth entered the war.

So for the British the early days of the war was about the defense of Belgium, not the defense of Serbia that was the start of the Great War.

In the same way Italy did not feel honor bound to keep the Central Alliance treaty..With Austro-hungary's invasion of Serbia and then Germany's invasion of Belgium..Italy chose neutrality for a short while.
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

RAF209_Benge

But back to the idea...

Bloody April would be a great idea !!

I tried out the Avia nice plane....great visibility!!
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force