Event Idea

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Medar

Re: Event Idea

Unread post by Medar »

Have not had a chance to finish the planeset yet...but will get this boys added today and at least get a TEST map up with minimal AAA so we can all plink around in it.

Will get it live on the server in rotation so that Raz and BigO can swap to it. Will admin anyone else that would like as well.

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

OK - I had to modify the front line a little bit to work with some air bases that I had to use...so we can assume this is right before the Battle of Arras...the Germans are shaping up their front line and are marching on Cambrai...Arras is down the road and next on their list.

The RAF is flying from the other side of Cambrai - while the Germans are flying from Valenciennes.

RAF: Gladiator I and II, I-15bis, and U-2VS.

Germans: Fiat CR42, Hs123, P-11, and Avia B-534.

It's in the rotation...we will have to try it out tonight after Ground Zero.

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

Will this be on the Wings of War server?

or should we be looking for a server with a different name?
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Sorry Benge - didn't think about that. It's on my practice box.

medar.servegame.com:21000

Running Ultrapack 1.8 with ZUTI 1.0 and 6DOF Tracker 2.0 enabled.

RAF209_Benge

np

Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

OK this still has the same planeset it has for a while now...it's decently fun. I have not included the Tiger Moth or Swordfish...as they seem to be unstable and if you don't know the "way" to select and fly them...you screw up your INI files and cannot select any aircraft. Which means screw that...

Any ideas or comments on how to make this map better? I am looking at the WWI Maps Benge sent me today...will see what we can do to incorporate those, or at least get them selectable in the AVG Map Changer.

RAF209_Benge

S! Medar

Hey I dont suppose you could get the basic WW 1 map up for say a Saturday Fun day?

Kind of like we used to have in the old Cold War RB days.
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

RAF209_Benge wrote:S! Medar

Hey I dont suppose you could get the basic WW 1 map up for say a Saturday Fun day?
Sure could - you want it on the whole day? And do you want any changes or improvements to it?

RAF209_Benge

Dont know what to improve...though with the new update we can add the Tiger Moth and Swordfish I think.

What does your basic front map have??
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

RAF209_Benge wrote:Dont know what to improve...though with the new update we can add the Tiger Moth and Swordfish I think.

What does your basic front map have??
Need to add the Tiger Moth and Swordfish - and as soon as I can get my main PC running UP2.0 - we absolutely will.

The map I created has the aircraft we discussed in this thread, a front line that is pulled from the March-May time frame of 1917, with some basic AAA on the front line, a cute little battle at a crossroads, and some AAA guarding each of the home bases. There are around 8-10 AI flying on each side.

Will add some ground Aircraft for strafing/bombing eventually as well, but right now that is all there is. Getting ready to test some of the maps you sent me...there are a ton of them!