UP 1.8 hell

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Reinhardt

Re: UP 1.8 hell

Unread post by Reinhardt »

Do NOT use files from separate mirrors.

They're packaged as a set. I got that error/corruption issues among other things by trying to download more than one file at a time from different mirrors.

Try the torrent.

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

yeh I ran into the same thing when I downloaded from different mirrors. but definitly use the winrar to check for currupt files. i had to redownload some files 2-3 times before I got a good one that worked. medars post that I put the link up for is what i used and had no problems at all. It got me right up and running. Good luck guys.

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

I tried to delete my earlier versions, but Vista is not letting me even though I am Admin and have eneabled the fodlers to be modified. I am also unable to rename the folders. I did move the AAA 1.1 version to another drive, but the others I am unable to touch .. I also can;t use the built in delete tool to remove them.

My next attempt will be to install the DVD on my laptop and then copy that folder to the backup drive and then that to the desktop .. that is how I have my previous versions. . I originally installed 46 on my old laptop and copied that to the backup .. copied that to the desktop ... and then a year later from the desktop to the backup to the new laptop.

However I have band practice now, so it will have to wait until later tonight.
ARGHHHHHHH

THe only positives I have to report are while flying a co-op, I skip bombed a pair of SC1000s into HMS Illustrious and sank her. . so it is possible to get a moving carrier in one strike. The other is, I am able to use the Swordfish now. . the only thing missing is the torpedo sights on either side of the centre section struts. . these look like antlers on the real thing.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

You have to delete and then create a whole new path to get everything working. I am running vista also. I created a path like the one medar had in the post i copied and pasted for you guys. I will look like this.....C:\games\Ubisoft\IL_2 Stormovick 1946 4.09. If you do not create a whole new path your old stuff will reapeer. If you need i can get on TS with you and help you get through it. Like I said, I am running vista and have 4 different installs and they all work with no problems thanks to Medars awsome instructions.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Installed 4.07m on my laptop using the official DVD.
- Copied this to backup drive
- - copied to desktop

Added 408m .. stalls at 95%

I also get "need CD to run" errors. I see that the il2fb.exe is 3.5 MB whereas the one that we wanted was only 156k, so I have deleted the 4.08m copy and am back to my basic 4.07m and will start from there again

TOO MANY EFFING HOOPS FOR A DAMN GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Colslaw,

Here's a link to a copy of the "No CD" version of il2fb.exe;

www.virtualaces.net/IL2/il2fb.zip

I have found this file to be very helpful when setting up new installations.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

If you are using vista, Use those instructions i copied and posted from medar. I folloewd them and got everything running first try. or like i said let me know and i will get on teamspeak and walk you through it. I am not working right now so anyone that needs my help, I am here. just say the word and i will be there to help. :mrgreen:

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Strange, I had two copies of the no-cd patch. . yet both only contained the rts.dll file that Derring and I couldn't figure out what it was for.

EVENTUALLY I will have this done and working. . I hope. The improvements over the basic AAA 4.08/4.09b is astounding and I am looking forward to actually doing something besides single player or flying in Medar's server
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Doing a disc defrag right now. . I'll be online off and on throughout the day and then probably try to install it around 6pm PST. I'll fire up TS and just be away when I'm not around
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Colslaw wrote:Strange, I had two copies of the no-cd patch. . yet both only contained the rts.dll file that Derring and I couldn't figure out what it was for.
The rts.dll file is bad for v4.07 and 4.08, IIRC. You can find a copy of a good rts.dll file here;

http://www.virtualaces.net/IL2/rts.dll

This is getting to be like it was in RB3D, meaning that if there is anything you need for the game, I probably have it. ;)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler