UP 1.8 hell

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

UP 1.8 hell

Unread post by Colslaw »

I spent the better part of Saturday getting UP1.8 installed and while it seems very nice, I keep getting a CRT=2 Timeout 1 error when I try to enter WoW. I can join Medar's server with no problem.

I was going to use my DVD to make a new install and then patch that to 4.08, 4.09b, 4.09m and the UP1.8 however the DVD only loads to play the game. I tried renaming the ubi soft folder and $%^&*( Vista won't let me. I tried copying the DVD to my D drive and then install it there, but again nothing.

I am assuming my options now are copy my ubisoft folder from C over to D (it is 70GB!!!) and then do a new install on C. Or delete all my current versions and start fresh but this time be absolutely sure I save a basic 4.08 folder. I suppose the latter is the best option as ong as I save my missions and skins folders.

One other problem is I am unable to use the Swordfish. . my game crashes when I try to use it. . after a little searching, it appears that my files/3do/plane folder is missing the swordfish folder as the cockpit folder does contain a swordfish folder
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Re: UP 1.8 hell

Unread post by Space »

The only thing that I copied for my multiple installs is the il-2 sturmovik 1946 folder. Then this is renamed when that install is to be used. It is still significant, but not quite as large as the ubisoft folder.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

I run vista with 4 copies of the game. medar set me up and here are the instructions i used and it worked perfect.

viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1912&start=10

go to bottom post on this page and follow it exactly and it will work. I am no computer nerd and i figured it all out. If you need help let me know.

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Colslaw wrote: I was going to use my DVD to make a new install and then patch that to 4.08, 4.09b, 4.09m and the UP1.8...
If you are installing 4.09b then that is the problem. You don't want to include 4.09b in your installation, and that is why you are getting the CRT=2 Timeout 1 error.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Aha. ..

I have a 4.08 folder
a AAA 1.1 folder (which includes a patch to 4.09b)
4.09m

I may have used my AAA folder with the assumption that it needed 4.09b to create my 4.09m folder. However if I did so I was able to fly in the WOW Singapore campaign with no crt error

Guess this will be my Sunday project once I feed the girls breakfast
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

I just finished using my unmodded 4.08 folder. . and upped that to 4.09m and then UP1.8.

I still get CRT=2 in Wow, and no Swordfish
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Hawk
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Hawk »

Colslaw wrote:!@#$%^&*()(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!@#$%^&*()_)(*&^%$#@!

I just finished using my unmodded 4.08 folder. . and upped that to 4.09m and then UP1.8.

I still get CRT=2 in Wow, and no Swordfish
I believe UP1.8 has a bug that does not allow access to the Swordfish, unless they patched that since the last time I tried it.

As for the CRT=2 error, do you get that error when you try to connect with other UP1.8 based servers?
Captain Hawk Ret.
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=
Panda Bears

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Colslaw wrote:Aha. ..

I have a 4.08 folder
a AAA 1.1 folder (which includes a patch to 4.09b)
4.09m

I may have used my AAA folder with the assumption that it needed 4.09b to create my 4.09m folder. However if I did so I was able to fly in the WOW Singapore campaign with no crt error

Guess this will be my Sunday project once I feed the girls breakfast
are you using the torrent or the files from megaupload?
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

I used the files from a couple of different mirrors. tested them, and they all came up okay.

I can fly in Medar's server with the same settings as WoW.

Playing RB for the next hour, but I may try a totally new install when that is done
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

Colslaw wrote:I used the files from a couple of different mirrors. tested them, and they all came up okay.

I can fly in Medar's server with the same settings as WoW.

Playing RB for the next hour, but I may try a totally new install when that is done
Im told I got lucky, I used mega upload and the night i was done I was told that their place is sketchy, at best (trojan horses and crap like that)

fresh fresh fresh
is key :)
ve must fight vor the comfy couch