Hey guys, just signed up.

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Reinhardt

Hey guys, just signed up.

Unread post by Reinhardt »

There's one request though, that I keep my J30 tag on the open servers. If ya'll can't handle that, I guess thats okay.

I assume I'll need the =AVG= tag anyway for the FS Missions server once I get registered on there?

Mainly signing up to fly with you guys in the WW2 stuff, and will still be with J30 in Canvas Knights, or RoF, whichever we fly lol.

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Hey guys, just signed up.

Unread post by ScrewBall »

S! Reinhardt, and welcome.
Maj.ScrewBall

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

S!~Reinhardt

Have you completed a membership application yet?

I have not seen anything come through yet.
BigO

Reinhardt

Well it looks like I've officially joined now :)

Guess I got some stuff to read up on with planes and patches and more patches and such lol

Oops, jumped the gun on the private forums. I'm not setup like that just yet it would appear.

Anywho, I applied for the 2nd Pursuit for ground attack and dive bombing. I'm fairly good at both.

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Typically what happens is there is a week or 2 before your membership is stamped approved. ie.. wear =AVG= tags, get permission to our private forums, assignment to a squadron.

For the most part this "week or 2" is to see if you actually do fly, even more importantly that you or any other applicant fly with us.
We have had people apply that we never hear from or see. :roll:
This is a vetting period and if we are draggin' arse, it could go to two weeks. Normally not.

Even then after youre accepted............... there is still time to make sure everyone fits properly.

Very glad to se you sign up and I look forward to seeing you in an =AVG= uniform.
J30 tags? :P
This is the =AVG=, represent! :D
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Reinhardt

Yea I hear ya on the J30 tag, it's just that after 4 years of flying with those guys it's hard to drop.

But hey, it's going to need to be done either way when I fly with ya'll in FS Missions so it's not that big of a deal.

As to me flying, I'm unemployed and I pretty much fly everyday and most of yall that are on daily are on my HL friends list so I can stalk you, and I already have TS, and I've flown with quite a few of you.

And K 438 is listed as retired even though he's the first AVG guy I flew with since I joined IL2 a couple weeks ago.

And yes, I'm impatient too :)

BTW:
Thanks to Warren and Troubs for the covergence lessons.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

<S> Reinhard,

Yeah, I found it hard to move away from AB as well. . until the #$%^&*( deposed me. ...

One thing that you can do to keep your tie to J30 is to request #30 if it is available.

As for Jabo, it is the best of both worlds. . we fight and also blow things up low down where we have to fly amongst all sorts of obstacles.. . loads of fun.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

S! Reinhardt,

Good to hear you've applied. I'm sure we'll get the app processed asap.
Trouble4u

Reinhardt

One thing I'm having issues with is trying to enter a same server you guys are in.

I know that the co-ops I can't join once the server gets started I think.. and the others I must be missing a patch or something.

I've tried to download the moving dogfight beta but that didnt work and I'm wondering which version it is.

And I'm also going to need a link eventually to get setup for the FS missions and such.

Oh, and do/should I just have multiple install of IL2 because of all of that patch work?

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

For getting into the FS missions there are several requirements:

1. sign up at the Forgotten Skies forum
2. in Options/Usergroups, request access to Secure Axis Bunker
2a. be listed as Active Axis Pilot when bunker access received
3. FS mods/Standard mods switcher
4. AAA community installer which switches il-2:1946 between v4.08 and v4.09
5. enter HyperLobby and FS match server with exact same name you registered on FS site, which to fly with us needs to start with =AVG= followed by your callsign

Once all of these are in place, it should happen. If you have any questions, get back to us here. There is also a topic that Razgriz posted in the forum called Forgotten Skies Registration that has links to all of the places to get these mods and registered.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu