Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Testing Murmansk 1942

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I would still like to have a campaign where carrier operations are involved, but I'll have to put that on the back burner for the moment. None of the stock campaigns have the carriers close enough together, and I still need to learn how to move ships properly so that they function correctly in a campaign. So, at the moment, I am testing Murmansk 1942. Please give it a try and provide some feedback.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Badbet

Re: Testing Murmansk 1942

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Badbet »

Hmmmm Murmansk??! They have hot women there or something?? ;)

Dougalachi
Major
Major

Unread post by Dougalachi »

I feel that the Fw-190s and 109F4s will tear the Russians a new asshole. Russians need a better fighter, maybe a Lagg-3/4 or whatever the one is that looks like a P-51. I do realize that you may be going for asymmetrical balance with the I-16s, but I just thought I would through in my 2 cents. The Germans are lacking a level bomber, save for the Ju-88 at the Ivalo airbase, which looks like it is 30 or more minutes away in flying time.

Also, at the AV-14 base, when I spawned, camouflaged aircraft covers were separating the aircraft spawn from the runway, I had to taxi around a copse of trees to get to the runway.
Major Dougalachi
Retired Commanding Officer
11th Bomb Squadron, =AVG=

Aerial bombs are like children; when you really love them, you have to let them go far, and hope they don't come back to you ;)

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

@ Doug: Thanks for checking it out and giving me some feedback.

@ Badbet: I'll bet they have some really hot women there, too. Not just female weight lifters. ;)
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

sturmbahnfuhrer

Unread post by sturmbahnfuhrer »

Dougalachi wrote:I feel that the Fw-190s and 109F4s will tear the Russians a new asshole. Russians need a better fighter, maybe a Lagg-3/4 or whatever the one is that looks like a P-51. I do realize that you may be going for asymmetrical balance with the I-16s, but I just thought I would through in my 2 cents. The Germans are lacking a level bomber, save for the Ju-88 at the Ivalo airbase, which looks like it is 30 or more minutes away in flying time.

Also, at the AV-14 base, when I spawned, camouflaged aircraft covers were separating the aircraft spawn from the runway, I had to taxi around a copse of trees to get to the runway.
You are right on, the P-40's are no match for the 109's or the 190's. The only real advantage over the 109 is range(109 480 miles vs P40 1000 miles) and the only advantage over the 190 is turning but both the 109 and 190 have a 60-70 kmh speed advantage. It would be a slaughter most likely. If you look at the LaGG it is about as good as the P-40 so not much help there. To make the fighter plane set even you would need an La-5(1942). With the Ju-88 and 4,000 lbs of bombs I think being farther away is fair enough. The JU-88 can end a round with one good drop. The PE-2, PE-3 and IL-2 have a minimal load out and being closer offsets the big bombs of the JU-88. If you want a bomber to be closer then drop the JU-88 and add ME-111's and JU-87's. That would really even out the bombers and make it harder to have a 1 drop victory. I am not sure if you are trying to make it a level playing field but I would like the mission to not end in the middle of the week LOLOL.

sturmbahnfuhrer

On a side note. The last couple of campaigns we used the JU-88 as a attack aircraft and not what this particular model was made for. I would like to see high level bomb runs using the bombsights. I am not sure if everyone knows how to use them but for the sake of learning I'm sure we could arrange a joint bomber class, with commands approval. I think this would have a two fold effect.

1.) We can all become better bomber pilots which will increase survivability. If you don't think so, try shooting down a bomber at 7,000 meters and see how you fair. Not easy.

2.) We can actually get to know each other which I think would reduce the arguments and complaints. I think we need a more open line of communication(IMO). Attaching a voice to the name really helps. Feel free to go to our website and check out our pilot profiles. You can see a picture of each person and get a little info on them.

http://www.rcaffb.com/Members.htm

If this is something you would like to do, let Tiger know and he can contact Badbet and command to see if this would be a possibility. After all it's a game and we can all learn from each other which will make these campaigns more difficult and a lot more fun.

Dougalachi
Major
Major

The joint bomber practice sounds great. Python, Screwball, and myself have been tasked with starting a level bombing squadron for the last couple of months and we are starting to get our shit together. I am proficient at level bombing from altitude, so I can help you guys with training in that regard. Additionally, we could work on formation flying. I'm not sure how good you guys are at it, since whenever I see you guys, its always in a dogfight (aka not flying in tight formations). I'll run it by my CO and then ask Tiger to take it up with BadBet.

One condition though: If you guys end up being better at level bombing than us after training, I will demand answers :P
Major Dougalachi

Aerial bombs are like children; when you really love them, you have to let them go far, and hope they don't come back to you ;)

Dougalachi
Major
Major

RCAF guys, can I get a link to your guys forum, or do you only have a private forum? Having some trouble getting a reliable means of communication between myself and Badbet, besides email and our forum's PMs.
Major Dougalachi

sturmbahnfuhrer

Unfortunately we do not have a forum. We usually have monthly squad meetings to keep everyone informed. Badbet could give you a better answer than me.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

Pending Lt. Colonel Python's approval, I would like to see joint training exercises with RCAF.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer