WW 1 Fun Day!! on the Arras

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Medar

Re: WW 1 Fun Day!! on the Arras

Unread post by Medar »

Sorry - been rather busy lately.

I can certainly put up the April map I built...and can of course host any other maps that people want to fly as well. I don't have time to do much of anything with the map either way though.

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

That would be great!!

I think it would be beneficial to just set it up so people who dont have the UP can fly it as well, much like Klien's server

We have people who are just getting the 4.09M and I know some who have HSFX but not the UP 2.0M that would like to fly it as well :)
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Actually Benge - there is a good question.

We used Ultrapack 2.0 last time due to the moving stuff on the ground, fire fights, etc. Also had AI flying for both sides that gave people something to do when nobody was in the server.

Do we want the same, or do we want to go back to 4.09m? If we do that...we will lose some planes, but it might be more accessible.

RAF209_Benge

I think there is away to insert planes with out losing all the planes we have.

I know that in J5_Kliens server I can fly with either the Vanilla 4.09M or the UP...
He has planes that are flyable from the UP but also a couple that are not Letov S-238

I think what is done is to either insert aircraft or do not run the CRT not for sure...

I know that there are people with HSFX like Voodoo (J30_Otto) who wanted to fly but did not use UP
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

BigO

Unread post by BigO »

Hey Benge:

Since Medar is currently quite busy with =AVG= assignments, maybe you or somone over at RAF209 could host this WW1 Game/Server.

That way you could have it running all the time, and set it up whatever way worked for RAF209?

What are your thoughts?
BigO

RAF209_Benge

Its nice idea, if we had a server that was up and running. As it is we don't. Maybe in the near future. (Rebell and Python are working on that one)

Besides as you know I love working across squadron lines to build community effort.

and actually I am not looking at this being a 24/7 game....

Maybe 24/3 (Friday through Sunday) at most....What we have is quite fine for a two or 3 hr slug fest over the "mud" . It offers ground targets and with enough on each side. And I am not too worried about AI planes, they were nice to look at in the sim, but I would rather see real pilots than a squadron of Gladiator or Fiat bots.
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force