Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

If you see this error message, the most likely cause is that you had previously installed a MOD before installing the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 and it has not been completely removed. The folks over at AAA strongly recommend that you add the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 to a new installation of IL-2 Sturmovik:1946. However, if you are an advanced user you may be able to clean up your existing installation and then add the Unified Installer v1.1. You just need to be sure that you don't leave any remnants as you will get the Timeout 1 error.

If you have attempted to install the AAA Unified Installer v1.1 over a clean copy of IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 and you are still getting the error, chances are that you attempted to install the AAA Unififed Installer v1.1 with WinZip instead of WinRAR, and the directory structure has not been maintained.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Vike

Re: Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Vike »

!S! Gents, I had this problem and here's what I did to fix it. There is something in my MODS folder that gave me that timeout, probably a MOD I had from the 1.0 install. What I did was I unzipped the #8 RAR file of the Unified Installer 1.1. In that zipped file is a new MODS folder. Just copy and paste it into your 1946 main folder overwriting the one that is in there at the moment. Once that change is made you "should" be able to connect. It worked for me hope it will work for you.

!S! Vike

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Vike,

Thank you for posting! I'm sure this will be useful for those who are having trouble.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF_DesertDemon

Unread post by RAF_DesertDemon »

Greetings!

New member here, and I'm getting the Timeout error trying to access the site via HyperLobby. I've looked at the .RAR file mentioned by Vike, but can't see the MODS folder he mentions. I have a feeling I'm missing something here.

Thanks!

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1(Vista Users)

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

~S~ All

To my fellow Windows Vista users, the winrar archiver usually gets an error stating access denied. This is the Windows vista security enable or UAC(User Account Control).

When extracting files sometimes you may not get all of them due to this error. It's is advise to turn off the UAC for a more lenient use of the winrar extractor and other programs.

You will notice that hyperlobby will no longer have a error message starting up. This pretty much makes you an Administrator and do not required to "run as administrator."

If you are unsure about what mods are required to play, please take note of this MODS Folder configuration.

Note!

There may be some mods that you do not have shown in this configuration. This is just based off of my personal MODS folder. Please disreguard those mods and only search for the mods that you have, only rename the MODS in your folder that matches according to the image. Placing a - will disable the mod and taking it off will activate the mod.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Jagr

Unread post by Jagr »

RAZ HAS MY V-2 !

RAF_DesertDemon

I may have to do a removal/clean install of IL-2. I didn't do any mod installations before installing the Unified installer, and I'm still getting a red timeout indication on HyperLobby. I've looked into RCAF_FB_Vike's input, but can't seem to see what he's talking about.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated. It'll be very difficult, if not impossible, to do any flying on this team if I can't get into WoW.

Please feel free to e-mail me with any ideas, or, if anyone has Skype, contact me on there ...username jd_jr. (include the period).

Thanks in advance for any help offered.

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Byte, if that is in trying to get HyperLobby to recognize il-2 make sure you are looking for Forgotten Skies instead of il-2:1946. I know this had me going for several days when I started!
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

RAF_DesertDemon

Major Space;

Thanks for the reply, but I'm absolutely positive that my HL is set for Forgotten Battles. I can get into numerous other sites with no problems whatsoever.

Appreciate the input, though... :mrgreen:

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

ByteFyter wrote:I may have to do a removal/clean install of IL-2. I didn't do any mod installations before installing the Unified installer, and I'm still getting a red timeout indication on HyperLobby.
S!~ Byte,

Have you tried entering the server? I noticed the "red timeout indication on HyperLobby" in your post and realized that you may not have actually tried accessing the Wings~of~War server. The red latency indicator is because the server that IL-2 runs on has security set to not allow it to be pinged (so that the server can't suffer a DNS attack). The latency indicator is supposed to be red.

You just need the AAA Unified Installer version 1.1 set to 4.09b1m with MODS ON. Give it a try and let me know what happens.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer