A budget cure: Marijuana taxes?

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

k43_8mm
Captain
Captain

Re: A budget cure: Marijuana taxes?

Unread post by k43_8mm »

I dont care who uses the stuff but lets not tax more stuff! lets get rid of nasty stuff like DEA,BATF,BFBI,That along will save billions!
oh yeah Homeland Securety! thats what the Armed Forces are for!
You Know Army,Navy,Airforce,Marines,Coast Guard.
To hell with Taxs on taxs.

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

Actually, the revenues from a weed tax might, just might, replace or sustantially reduce some existing taxes. The DEA at least could be downsized drastically as another upside. Some pundits up here in Canada figure if we did legalize weed, our national debt could be wiped out and replaced by a national surplus inside of ten years.
But then.....2nd largest country on Earth with a population somewhat less than the State of California; we're more a country club than a country..... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maj.ScrewBall

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Here in the good old USA there's no such thing as reducing taxes. Besides any money they raise in taxes would likely be put into more education/treatment progams not to fund exisiting stuff.
Trouble4u

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

Sad but true, Trouble; they probably would at that......my own idea is predicated on having leaders and legislators who actually use their brains and listen to their constituents.......an extremely tall order, I realize, but still possible LOL.
Maj.ScrewBall