Dumb Question time

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Dumb Question time

Unread post by ScrewBall »

S! guys. Has anyone figured out what CheckTimeSpeed is and what number combinations are good or bad? This is confusing the living a** off of me. I checked the manual and could find nothing relevant....what am I missing?
Maj.ScrewBall

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Re: Dumb Question time

Unread post by Tiger »

S! Phule,

That is actually a very good question. The answer is as follows;

Speedhack protection has been included in IL-2 since the first version. IL-2 Sturmovik and Forgotten Battles net code continuously synchronizes the time between the client and the server. The protection is activated when the time difference between the server and client is more than 20% and it continues for more than 17 seconds. This will cause the client to get disconnected from the server.

After Forgotten Battles version 1.11, the conf.ini file contained two new parameters: checkServerTimeSpeed and checkClientTimeSpeed. They allow the server to turn off this protection for situations when smooth time progression cannot be maintained.

In Forgotten Battles version 1.22, two additional keys were added to the conf.ini: checkTimeSpeedDifferense and checkTimeSpeedInterval. These allow the server to set the maximum difference in time as well as the maximum allowed time period. The minimum value for the checkTimeSpeedDifferense parameter is 0.01 (1, and for the checkTimeSpeedDifferense the minimum value is 1 (1 second). Default values are 0.2 (20 and 17 (17 seconds). The preset values are sent to the chat window on all connected clients as the following message: checkTimeSpeed N sec K%.

Setting the new parameters to extremely low values may cause the cheat protection to kick in even when speedhacks are not used. This may especially happen when the connection quality is low and connectivity errors occur. This may also happen if the hardware malfunctions, such as overheating of the computer timer causing frequency changes.

The values set for the Virtual_Aces server are;

checkServerTimeSpeed=1
checkClientTimeSpeed=1

checkTimeSpeedDifferense=0.03
checkTimeSpeedInterval=5
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

ScrewBall
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by ScrewBall »

S! and thanks, Tiger. *light comes on at last* :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Maj.ScrewBall

k43_8mm
Captain
Captain

Unread post by k43_8mm »

~S~
Thanks for the question and answear of course I never did think of it at all till I loaded a game :lol: