New 1st Pursuit Squadron Headquarters Staff

Public forum for news and announcements from the =AVG=

Moderators: Tiger, Space

BigO

Re: New 1st Pursuit Squadron Headquarters Staff

Unread post by BigO »

S!

So..........If Tiger and Trouble4U are Group HQ...............and Tiger and Trouble4U are still members of 1st Pursuit..........and Big_Fred is CO of 1st Pursuit.......Then Big_Fred must really be in Command of the Group HQ.

CONGRATULATIONS BIG_FRED ------DRINKS FOR EVERYONE ON BIG_FRED'S TAB.

Well I tried it for a free drink. I knew that a semester of Critical Logic in College would be of some benefit someday....

hahahahahaha.
BigO

Kornflakes
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Unread post by Kornflakes »

S!

Hey Tiger I had a thought. Maybe each person in group hq could be like a representative to an individual squadron. They would still hold their same position, but they would also keep up with affairs within the individual squadron they represent. They would also fly with the squadron they represent. Just a thought. I confuse myself sometimes.

_Kornflakes

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Kornflakes,

Thank you for the input. Although members of group HQ may transfer as needed in the future, they are already intended to be a liason with each of the squadrons in their respective positions. For example, As the Group Adjutant, Razgriz_37 is responsible for keeping the records up to date for every member of the group. The Adjutant of each squadron is responsible for keeping the records for the members of their squadron (Time in Service, Time in Grade, Awards, etc.). Razgriz_37 will keep the records for the entire group by coordinating with each squadron's Adjutant. The same scenario applies for the other positions in Group HQ.

You may wonder why I would ask that Adjutants maintain such records since you can find that information here in our forums. The reason is that it is possible that we could lose the entire site one day (the host goes bankrupt and pulls the plug without notice, etc.), and with the records on multiple member's machines we would still be able to put everything back together. It is possible for the site to have a catastrophic failure. It is also possible for any member's computer to have a catastrophic failure. But, it is unlikely that it would happen at the same time. Even if the site and Razgriz_37's computer both experience a catastrophic failure at the same time we would still have the records from the Adjutants of each squadron.

In addition, the redundancy should serve us well in the other positions. If we have a total of four squadrons and five training instructors, there should always be someone to conduct a practice, or work with a pilot on an individual basis. And, the list goes on and on, but you get the idea.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

I better light a fire under my ass and try to get this training thingy done. Quicker its done, the quicker I can train instructor pilots and the quicker we can bring the FNGs up to speed.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ SNA,

That would be a wonderful thing. I imagine that as your Navy training goes on that you will have less and less time to spend with us, so the sooner the better. I'm not looking forward to the day that you are deployed, but I believe that it is inevitable. I hope to spend a great deal of time with you before that day comes, learning, and having a good time.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler