Thanks, AVG!

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Cobalt Blue

Thanks, AVG!

Unread post by Cobalt Blue »

S! AVG,

Warren, I just wanted to thank you personally for taking me under your wing that first day and for doing the same with others in our squad. It was a big help, believe me. Tiger, many thanks to you too, bud, for your friendly welcome to us and for your patience in answering all my emails :)

We appreciate all of your team's extended efforts to help us get settled in on the battlefield. It was a pleasure flying with you guys.

S!

Cobalt Blue
Lt. Col, 209 RAF Squadron

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Thanks, AVG!

Unread post by Warren »

Tell ya what, once this campaign is over we'll take one night or a few and go over a few things.... at least the way we have come to do them.

Right now its just go go go and try to keep everything and everyone together as best we can. After all it is war.

Never need to thank us, just hesitate a few seconds before you pull the triggr th next time we are on different sides. 8-)
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Cobalt,

You are quite welcome. And, as Warren said, there's more where that came from. Once this campaign is over we'll be happy to show you what we have learned. We can have you join an =AVG= practice session or two if you would like, and we can set up a time for bomber training and I'll show you how to use the bomb sight effectively, assuming that you could use the help. You guys may already know how to use it effectively, but if not, I'll be glad to help.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF209_Beer30

Unread post by RAF209_Beer30 »

S!
Let me add my thanks and appreciation for the help and welcome my fellow RAF and I have received from Tiger as well as Warren.
Was fun flying in the African Campaign, although I only got the chance a couple of times.
Salute!
Beer

Cobalt Blue

Unread post by Cobalt Blue »

S! Tiger,

Thanks to you and Warren both for offering to help us learn the ropes. I don't think any of us knows how to use the bombsight effectively, and we would appreciate any help in that area. I did a run today and actually got the sight to work - sort of. I think my bombs landed in the next state...

North Africa was a fun campaign and a good learning experience. Thanks for going to all the trouble,

CB

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

All the trouble? I hardly got a chance to fly :p

It would be great if you guys have time to join a practice session, We kind of try to make that a half way serious couple of hours but its still a lot fun! Looking forward to actually getting to fly with you RAF guys :mrgreen:
Trouble4u