Map of North Africa

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Cobalt Blue

Map of North Africa

Unread post by Cobalt Blue »

S! All,

I understand there is a map of the campaign area somewhere here on the forum that we can download. Do an old man a favor and point me to it.

Many thanks,

RAF_Cobalt Blue

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Map of North Africa

Unread post by Warren »

S! sir, long time no see buddy. :D

You are going to have to look to your sides' members and provide your own intell maps. Server is up and running now if you want to have a look. It is a stock Africa map.

The ground war can be so fulid at times............ having a "set" map is useless. Ground forces and battles come and go within hours. Good communication and present intell move the ground war.
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Cobalt,

I'm sure we can find a copy of the map to provide for navigation purposes. Let me see what I can dig up.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Was alredy on it.

Here is the stock N Africa map. I edited it a bit so the airfields locations are accurate to the WoW server settings.

It is not a super high res. but this is the basic map. Since it's N Africa there arent alot of roads towns or rivers. Not much to look at as it is.... no mater what map you may come up with. :P

Also, if you open up the single player game and go into Full Mission Builder /file/load map/desert online you can zoom all the way (the slider on the left) in to get a very close view of the map and its objects.

With this feature, we suggest you learn the orientations of the airfield you will be using. Full real, dirt airfields in the sand can be tricky navigting alone. ;)
Desert Online Navxx.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

Cobalt Blue

Unread post by Cobalt Blue »

Thanks, bud. This will be a big help.

Good luck to you and all!

S!

CB