Experience the ACTUAL thrill of air to air combat!!!

Public Forum. All are welcome

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Experience the ACTUAL thrill of air to air combat!!!

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

=S= All!
Imagine yourself scanning the skies in a real military aircraft in search of an enemy airplane. You spot the bogey at 3 o'clock, break turn hard and the fight's on. Up, down, and around. Pulling G's, making quick decisions until you out maneuver your opponent, put the gunsight pipper on them, squeeze the trigger and guns, guns, guns! The enemy erupts in smoke and you roll up and away, Victorious!
We've simulated in IL-2 1946 flight simulator and prepared ourselves for such an opportunity, (I knew there was something like this out there).

http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/XyPewGNi ... re=channel[/youtube]

The very closest thing we get to SNA's naval training. :D

When I save the money for such a thing, I'm in!
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

SNA2007
Major
Major

Re: Experience the ACTUAL thrill of air to air combat!!!

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Looks like Air Combat USA. I remember watching a history channel UFO Hunters epidsode where they went there to test some theories. My god, I never heard so many idiots talking at once. Terminology was wrong, the understanding of aircraft was off, and I was ashamed that those Air Combat guys played right into it. Sad considering that their hangar was just down from mine and I strolled over there a few times to say hi.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

The did a show on that huh, these guys have a bunch of videos on youtube of people's flight experiences, It looked neat, I really would consider doing something like that.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Rebiv4

Unread post by Rebiv4 »

Those UFO shows are full of more shit than a pigshit farm. (In a redneck southern accent while partially inebriated) "I SAW THAT THEM THERE ALIEN WITH THEM MEAN LOOKIN RED EYES STARIN DOWN MY SOUL AT THE JESUS IN MY HEART."

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

Oh its a crap load of fun. Cost a pretty penny, but if you have the doh, why not? I tell you what, I would like to see those guys that fly Las and Spits yank those sticks in real life. I tell you pulling positive and negative Gs in succession if they didn't puke on themselves, they would of G-LOC right away and find themselves in the ground. Not only that, I hope you have good endurance, just flying the simulator with a G-suit is tiring.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

I would like to do this I was getting my pilots lic. for ultra lites untill a friend of mine who was teaching me crashed and died
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Ow, that sucks Py. sorry you lost your friend.
Trouble4u