Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Wings~of~War: Britain 1940

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 was one of the most popular campaigns of the original Wings~of~War series. I hope to re-kindle interest in Wings~of~War with the next campaign. I will be working on a new Battle of Britain campaign this weekend. Tentitively, the plane set will be;

Great Britain

Bristol Blenheim Mk. IF
Bristol Blenheim Mk. IVF
Bristol Beaufighter Mk. I
Gloster Gladiator
Hawker Hurricane Mk. I
Hawker Hurricane Mk. IIA
Supermarine Spitfire Mk. I
Supermarine Spitfire Mk. II

Germany

Dornier Do 17 Z-2
Heinkel He 111 H-2
Junkers Ju 87 B-2
Junkers Ju 88 A-4
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4
Messerschmitt Bf 109 E-4/B
Messerschmitt Bf 109 F-1
Messerschmitt Bf 110 C-4
Messerschmitt Bf 110 C-4/B

Look for updates regarding Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 coming soon.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Re: Wings~of~War: Britain 1940

Unread post by S.L.N »

:)
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

Gothkrieger

Unread post by Gothkrieger »

This sounds interesting, I hope you will do as you have done previously and give everyone a heads-up when it starts up.
Any chance of having AI flights in the mission rotations? Most missions are pretty dry in the air to air department. Lots of ground targets to pound and if that is all that is possible, ok, gives a person some practice in that but a little air in the mix will have you looking over your shoulder. ;)

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Sir,

Thank you for the feedback. I am hoping that we have plenty of participation for this campaign as the current scoring system will not recognize AI aircraft. I expect to schedule Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 sometime in April. Prior to that, I intend to do some testing. And, I'll be sure to send an e-mail regarding that. I hope to have a number of us on one particular night (which has yet to be determined) to play test the campaign. And, hopefully, that will generate some interest as well.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Gothkrieger

That answers why there are no AI planes.
So Wings of War, is this another unique programed environment or is it based on something like SEOW or Lowengrin? There are a few environments around like Ghost Skies ect.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Sir,

The campaigns are based on Lowengrin's Dynamic Campaign Generator (DCG). The scoring program/server manager is a slightly modified version of IL-2 Server Commander. With the first series of Wings~of~War campaigns, I used FB Daemon II to manage the server and keep score. But, that stopped working when IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946 went to version 4.11m. Last year I was tinkering with IL-2 Server Commander and realized that it was still functioning with the DCG and the latest version of IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946. With a little trial and error, I was able to add the score to the pilot's statistics page for each sortie. From there I was able to figure out how to add a total score to the overall statistics page. However, because IL-2 Server Commander was developed before there were Moving Dogfight Servers (MDS), there are no provisions for AI aircraft. And, moving ground targets are scored, but listed as "Unknown".
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

I believe that I have everything working correctly for the Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 campaign. I am considering beginning the first phase of the Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 campaign on 4 October 2014, concluding on 11 October 2014. Then, beginning the second phase of the Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 campaign on 18 October 2014, concluding on 25 October 2014.

the Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 campaign is based on the historical events of the actual Battle of Britain with Chain Home Radar for the Allies and targets for the Axis forces located primarily in London. The object of the game is for the Axis forces to destroy 80% of the targets in London while the Allies hold out for the duration of the campaign. I have used historically accurate aircraft, in as much as possible, within the limitations of the game using HSFX 7.0.2.

Wings~of~War: Britain 1940 was one of the most popular campaigns of the original Wings~of~War series. I hope to generate some interest in this next campaign.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Gothkrieger

Thanks for the heads-up. That is in October, will we get a nudge again closer to the start date?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Sir,

Yes, I'll send an e-mail with all of the details soon. I had originally planned to run the campaign in April. So, I thought it might be a good idea to post an update.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

WWSpardog

Unread post by WWSpardog »

Attempted to register for the upcoming campaign, but unable. I am receiving the following message: "This page cannot be displayed" at the registration area.

Did I miss a cutoff date?

WWSpardog
Commanding Officer
Watch Your Six