Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Sides in the Manchuria 1945 Campaign

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

The =AVG= originally was going to fly Allied, but with the addition of RCAF_FB it was decided that we would fly Axis. In retrospect, we should have remained Allied as the sides seem uneven at this time. We are now faced with a decision. The =AVG= can switch, but I do not like that option for the sake of continuity. We can restart the campaign and fly on the Allied side, but I hate to cut the campaign short. That leaves two possible options in my mind. They are to continue the campaign until it's conclusion and then start again next week, with the =AVG= flying Allied, or, recruit additional squadrons to fly Allied.

I would like to see us recruit additional squadrons for the Allies. It has some historical accuracy in the fact that addition units would arrive as reinforcements in the real war. So, I suggest if anyone knows of any Allied squadrons that would like to join the campaign, that you invite them. If we are unable to secure "reinforcements" then we will run the campaign again next week, and =AVG= will fly Allied.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

{FKR}MADCAT

Re: Sides in the Manchuria 1945 Campaign

Unread post by {FKR}MADCAT »

I would say with all respect that if we want to fight a campaign this week, the AVG shold switch now, tonight, and fight with the understanding that the Red will be coming from behind. (which could have historical implications too) Unless everything works out perfectly and our little war get swamped with allied players it just won't work out the way things are right now.

I think some of us are willing to Re-cock this War for next week if it comes to that, but If we do can I request an adjustment to where the action is on the Manchuria map? Something along the coast or up in the northeast? I would be willing to fill up the landscape with targets and such with the FMB then send it to y'all for editing. (no clue about the Dynamic campaign stuff) in order to share the workload for doing this.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Madcat,

It would seem that the point is now moot. The campaign has ended with the Axis airfields being over-run despite the fact that there was very little opposition. I will contact Warren tonight to discuss the possibility of starting the campaign again and having the =AVG= fly Allied.

Also, I would like to thank you for your offer to help with adding elements to the campaign. However, it is not as easy as it would seem, meaning that you can't just add elements in the FMB and have them work as part of the campaign. After flying several sorties last night, I was working with =AVG=iP0kE on adding additional airfields to the Manchuria campaign to broaden the area of operations and we will continue to work on it this evening.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

Well one thing for sure, the RCAF_FB isnt scared of a challenge. You guys hung in there after Im sure it became fustrating. We salute you and would be proud to team with you anytime!!!

WOW, I was way off on the =AVG= going Blue. Very sorry. I always thought... balancing the sides would be the biggest task. From e-mails, PMs, the "Flight Hours" thread and other post I thought I had a firm grasp on the side's participation numbers. :| Only 1 out of the 4 Allied squadrons even showed up............ I hope all is well with NGW, the 334th and the TTU. Having 1 of these squadrons show up would have made a tremendous difference. Maybe they missed the dates or bowed out........... I dont know. I apologize to whom did show up.

If everyone is still in.......... that did show up...... :P AVG will go Allied and we'll get this started again asap.

We originally wanted a heavily populated coast, we might actually get that this time around. Waiting to talk with Tiger on that one.

Figured either we start this again asap, as in tonight or tomorrow..........................
or
Wait till Sunday night ...............

Oh, by the way KUDOS to the RCAF_FB on a singled hand victory being outmanned 5 to 1!!!!! ;)
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth

={TTU}=Skyhawk

Unread post by ={TTU}=Skyhawk »

Yes, my appologies for TTU not being there the other night. I personally was away for the weekend and just returned back home last night.

I hope to to be in there tonight with a few wingmen. Not sure on a time, but it will be 8:00PM Eastern +.

~S~
ImageImageImageImage

Warren
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Warren »

No problem Skyhawk. This was the first offical run but it turned out to be more of a learning expierence more than anything else.

=AVG= will go red this time.

We are reworking the map now and will possibley relaunch the campiagn tonight at midnight.

Everyone that showed up for the first battle has given the thumbs up for midnight tonight so if all goes well........ we getting it on again in a few hours. and dont worry.......... this map wont end so quickly. ;)
There went out another horse that was red
Power was given to him that sat thereon to take peace from the earth