installing hsfx 5

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RCAF_FB_Inferno

installing hsfx 5

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Inferno »

I'd like to use hsfx on some of the servers, but I can't seem to set up an installation that will let me run the configuration we are using for wings of war. HSFX removes the jsgme mods and replaces it with another set, which does not include zutimod and tougher bridges. I tried moving them over from the old jsgme folder but that didn't do the trick. any suggestions?

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: installing hsfx 5

Unread post by Trouble4u »

S! Inferno,

HSFX5 is not compatible with WoW. Other than SEOW http://seowhq.net/ I do not know of anywhere you'll be able use it although I'm sure there must be somewhere.

Either way, you will need 2 installs of IL-2 1946. One you'll patch up to 4.09m then add UP2.01 and the other you will patch up to 4.10.1 and then add HSFX 5 and the Hot fix to bring it up to HSFX5.1

I know that UP is currently working on UP3.0 and when ever it is finished it is made to go over 4.10.1. I'd think that once this happens and it is in wide spread use we'll get WoW current with it.
Trouble4u

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

From All Aircraft Simulations a list of dedicated servers using HSFX5

http://allaircraftsimulations.com/forum ... f718137bee
Trouble4u

RCAF_FB_Inferno

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Inferno »

Thanks,

I was afraid that would be the case. Skies of valor started using it, and while you can play without it, you can't use all of the aircraft. I was hoping I could use the UP switcher, but it doesn't seem to work for me.

Time for another install....