Basecamping and vulching

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Basecamping and vulching

Unread post by Trouble4u »

Honestly I'm shocked that anyone would need to ask or tell you not to do something like parking a bomber on the enemy's runway. Isn't that just too obvious that doing so is ridiculously unsporting? I suppose its right along the lines of having 10 guys in the game unopposed and the second 1 enemy plane spawns in you kill it before he can even start the motor.
Trouble4u

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

SAlute

Blood I have no problem with your tactics but you have to look at the fact that a pilots signs up to play works all day comes home and decides to go fly in the campaign picks his plane and comes into the runway then bang he is deads so he waits 15 min goes to try it again and bang he is dead there is a half hour of time he set aside to fly so what happens he says screw it and don't fly anymore you all have done this to me about 15 times take that by 15 min and see how much time I have wasted trying to come in to fly it gets very frustraiting it is your right to use these tactics as you all are with in the rules but I personally would rather fight on even grounds be letting a pilot get airborne first instead of shooting him on the ground most of us came from another sim and it was concidered honorable to let the pilot get up off the deck and make his first turn before attacking him I personally would rather fight someone up in the skies instead down on the ground but no matter I will keep trying to get into the air.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

I guess treat others as you want to be treated gets thrown out the window, oh well
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

~S Gentelemn, we have had a ommand meeting and decided to no longer park a bomber on the enemy runways anymore.

We will still camp any and all enemy base's if at all possable and we will still vulch the living hell outa any aircraft on the ground, but we will not land bombers there. I hope that this helps with some of the conflicts gents. ~S~ Blood out

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

In real life, if ya landed on the enemy base, you got captured by the troops surrounding ya. I'm just saying...
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

RCAF_FB_Blood

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Blood »

Raz I would be more worried about the dang clowns bazoka's then being captured lol. Pretty sure them things would mess a bomber up big time :)

Boomer
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Boomer »

Python you couldn't have said it better. I don't like coming home and getting excited to fly just to get shot down while starting my engine at the only red base. I'm done, blue is just too overwhelming. If we had more reds on at the same time it would be different. The most I have ever seen is 7 reds on. Blue has at least 2 or 3 in 24 hours a day. Blood you were one of the guys that parked a bomber on a base? I didn't think you would do that. I guess blue likes flying unopposed. Me, I like a challenge but not a 10 to 1 challenge with 5 of them circling the base above me. Congrats blue, you and your numbers won again. I think I might focus my flying skills on something else till next week. Have fun flying unopposed blue ~S~
=AVG=Boomer
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

RCAF_FB_Bloodshadow wrote:Raz I would be more worried about the dang clowns bazoka's then being captured lol. Pretty sure them things would mess a bomber up big time :)
Oh yeah, if you saw them you were screwed. :mrgreen:
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Smokin
Major
Major

Unread post by Smokin »

I've said this in the last campaign and I'll say it again, the actions of certain players are predictable, a win at all cost (juvenile) mentality. But I don't hate the player, I hate the game. Its upto the person creating the mission or campaign to figure out a way to make undesirable tactics harder and more difficult to execute. One way to do this would be respawning AAA or more of it. Maybe AI can be used to patrol airbases? Another way is to create at least one air start in the backfield to give another option when faced with vulchers, they will pay a price for taking off way in the backfield, but its a better alternative than getting triple teamed by vulchers.

I know there are logistical limitations to a dynamic campaign and I wouldn't really know any of em, but I think that's essentially the direction I would go.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

I was thinking a rear area airspawn as well. .. if possible at a location unknown to the enemy. and move the locations when we swap sides.

Killing the AAA and having them not respawn is incentive to attack the AAA. .. the solution here could be even more AAA. . however once it is destroyed, there will once again be the call to up the numbers. Therefore an airspawn is the solution to a capped base. Yes it is not realistic, but the idea here is to have fun playng against real players, if you drive the other side out of the game, then you will eventually just have a one sided ground attack campaign vs AI vehicles
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=