Basecamping and vulching

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

CF23-Seamus

Basecamping and vulching

Unread post by CF23-Seamus »

Hi,

What's the deal with basecamping and vulching in here?

Why is this basecamping and vulching going on when there's just 2 or 3 people flying just on the one side?!?!?
I've had this happen twice just now, 5 or 6 on blue side and I was just joining just 1 other guy on red side and I got basecamped and vulched!

Seamus
~S
CF23-Seamus

Are we too far gone, are we so irresponsible? Have we lost our balls, or do we just not care?

Zombie
Major
Major

Re: Basecamping and vulching

Unread post by Zombie »

It is legal to do that, it just depends on the person......... if you get exited about easy kills then do it. I would rather let them get up first then kill them. Go to they're server and try it and see how fast you get booted . Its a touchy topic.
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

Python
Warrant Officer
Warrant Officer

Unread post by Python »

Salute

No rule against it I have had this done to me atleast 10 times over the last 2 days like they say it is just a game and what goes around comes around.
Salute
Python

In ancient times skilful warriors first made themselves invincible,
and then watched for vulnerability in their opponents." Sun-Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

this is why you get on ts to get a situation report from your comrades
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

CF23-Codders

Unread post by CF23-Codders »

Hi

don't forget the Chute kills to :o
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Gents,

I apologize if it seems barbaric, but I only intend to put rules in place that I can enforce. Primarily, the policing is done by the software, such as the 15 minute death penalty, aircraft markings (I need to remove that rule from the original list, lol) the friendly fire, or the fact that you can only fly the server if you're on the list. Vulching is particularly difficult to police, since it is subjective. How do you define vulching, exactly? I can say the rule is 500 meters and the victim has to make the first turn. So, then the questions become; Was he at altitude? Did he make his first turn? How much of a turn do I mean? Well, now we have to specify because a 5 degree course variation is not a turn. But, when does it become a turn? 30 degrees? 45 degrees? Then comes the "instant replay" - meaning track files. Do I want to spend my time reviewing track files to determine if someone got vulched? Not really. That's mostly because someone always walks away pissed off if a decision needs to be made. And, let's say I did go through all of this. What do I do when someone is clearly vulching? Now I have to come up with a penalty, enforce it, alter the scoring (potentially) and the quagmire just gets deeper. That being said, I haven't even touched on the atmosphere I'm trying to create.

Also, consider that in certain situations it would be appropriate to attack aircraft as they are in the pattern, such as an attack on an airbase. Last night I was trying to get up in my P-400 as the northern Allied base was being attacked by Stukas. The Stukas had fighter support, which immediately went to the task of keeping us down. I was barely able to get out of what was left of my aircraft after being strafed on take-off when it came to a stop at the end of the runway. It was a very realistic moment, and one I wouldn't have wanted to miss. Wings~of~War is intended to create a realistic environment in which we simulate combat while flying IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946. We keep score, but it is intended to create the most immersion possible given the limitations of the software. With the addition of moving objects, I believe we have one of the most realistic servers in the game. But, it's total war. You may want to approach it a little differently with that in mind.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Yeah, the chute shooting sucks bigtime
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Space »

Both are pretty dickless, but it's what some folks need to feel important.
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

The biggest issue is the complete lack of respect shown by some players in chat
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

american
Captain
Captain

Unread post by american »

S.L.N wrote:The biggest issue is the complete lack of respect shown by some players in chat

actions speak more then words.
Captain American
1st Pursuit Squadron, Adam & Eves