The Great UP2.0 gods have spoken

Public forum for news and announcements from the =AVG=

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Redhornet

The Great UP2.0 gods have spoken

Unread post by Redhornet »

I was tested my friends, tested. This devout, faithful servant of the dogfight was denied access to one of the most beloved and revered gaming servers to inhabit the internet. I sinned dear friends, sinned, I am guilty of cursing the name of the Mod and all of it's glorious improvements. For that I was given a terrible curse, I was not allowed to install and run UP2.0 properly. I was despondent, nay, I was worse than that I was hopeless. I pleaded, on my knees, I pleaded and begged to be forgiven, yet I was unheard by the gaming gods. Then I slept. I awoke and I was calm, I accepted my punishment and was repentant, truly repentant and then the gods in their mercy gave unto me a great gift. What, you ask, was the great epiphany and revelation that took place to shine devine light upon such a blasphemous condition that I was in? It was, my friends, observation. I looked again into the IL2 folder and saw a curious site. There were 2, yes, 2 jsgme folders within. One was empty and barren whereas the other contained such magnificent splendor, but had a terrible affliction. It had "tmp_" in front of its lovely visage and name. Being reborn, I had no fear as I cast down the barren folder and lo I reached out my hand and removed the offending affliction from the folder with great devine treasure. And behold, all was right and as it should be.

After much wailing of tears, gnashing of teeth and scratching of the eyes, the IL2 gaming gods reached out their hands from the heavens and blessed my computer so that UP2.0 could run.

And it runs, my good friends and listeners, it runs and has beauty beyond description.

Thank you.

The gaming gods also said unto me: "Look more closely at your files after installation, jackass"

I'd like to thank BigO and Space for spending lots of time with me yesterday on TS to try and solve my problem and I'd also like to thank Tiger and Yoke for their suggestion and help. You guys rock!
The Uber Target

Space
Colonel
Colonel

Re: The Great UP2.0 gods have spoken

Unread post by Space »

What does not kill you, makes you stronger. I am glad you stuck with it and are now in a happy place. :D Much fun ahead RedHornet!

By the way, you any relation to The Green Hornet?
Colonel SpaceGnome
Commanding Officer, =AVG=

Support you right to arm Bears.

The art of war is of vital importance to the State. --Sun Tzu

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel

Unread post by Tiger »

Amen.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Decker
Major
Major

Unread post by Decker »

So was ther a cure figured out to get all of us to be able to pass the CRT=2?

Sometimes it is absolutely necessary to kill a fly with a sledgehammer.