Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RAF_DesertDemon

Re: Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

Unread post by RAF_DesertDemon »

~S~ Colonel

No luck.

At first it appeared it was going to connect just fine, because it showed the message that I was successful in the attempt, then almost immediately gave me the following message:

The communication with the remote host is lost. Reason: Timeout 1

This is beginning to drive me nuts... :D

Thanks for the input, Colonel.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

Are you using v4.09 or v4.08 when you try to access Wings of War server?
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Jolly
Major
Major

Unread post by Jolly »

Here's my mods folder. Someone in the know please tell me what's up here.

V/R
Jolly
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Major Jolly
2nd Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

Derring

Unread post by Derring »

Jolly wrote:Here's my mods folder. Someone in the know please tell me what's up here.

V/R
Jolly
A quick check shows that you have the Forgotten Skies mods ON. Turn OFF. I didn't look any further.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Jolly,

It looks like you have the Zuti MOD that Derring Posted. If you are attempting to access the Wings~of~War server with that MOD you will be kicked. Put a hyphen in front of the folder name (a hyphen makes a file or folder invisible to IL-2). If you are attempting to fly Forgotten Skies you'll need the FS version of the Zuti MOD which you can find here;

http://www.forgottenskies.com/FS_AddOns ... kiesv3.rar

http://il2.na85.ca/forgottenskies/ForgottenSkiesv3.rar - Mirror 1

http://4jg53.org//myimages/mods/ForgottenSkiesv3.rar - Mirror 2

S!~ Byte,

Could you post a screenshot of your MODS folder as Jolly has done? That might help us determine what is getting you kicked.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF_DesertDemon

~S~ Colonel;

I'll get one on here as soon as I can. Do I use the Print Screen for that? Never done it, that's why I'm asking...

Just on a whim, tried to access server via XFire...same error.

I figured out how to do it (isn't Google wonderful?), so here it is...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Jolly wrote:Here's my mods folder. Someone in the know please tell me what's up here.

V/R
Jolly
Jolly Someone Gave me some valuable info toward you problem.
8FS_Bulau wrote:Oh, this stuff USED to be in all those CirX Tips threads...

The 5% Crash

1. Usually because there is a missing, or corrupted .SFS file. Often this results when someone forgets to patch to 4.08m before installing the UI or other Mod Activator, or mistakenly patches to 4.09b1m before installing the UI.

2. Sometimes because sound is set to something other than 44.1 kHz

The 60% Crash

Caused by a discrepancy between the air.ini, the contents of the MODS folders, and the buttons file. Usually caused when someone adds a new aircraft requiring a new FM, but does not run an A/C installer that adds the new FM, or makes a mistake editing the air.ini

The 70% Crash

Caused by discrepancy between static.ini, technic.ini or chiefs.ini, and contents of new MODS folders.
Since you said your game crashes at 70% then your problem lies in the C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\IL-2 Sturmovik 1946\MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects

However this is only based on what I was told. I'm not sure if you've done anything into that file.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Byte,

It looks to me like you have about everything I have, except for a _DOCS_ folder. And, I didn't see anything extra, either. Raz, take a look at Bytes MODS folder. It's all good, right? Or, am I missing something?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RAF_DesertDemon

Greetings Colonel!

Just on a whim, I tried connecting directly through the game itself...same result.

Showed that the connection was successful, then gave me the timeout error.

Just a thought...could your server be trying to send something back to my computer, and my firewall is blocking it? I hate to say this, but the WoW server is the only one I'm having trouble with. :?

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ Byte,

I don't mind you saying it. The Wings~of~War server is somewhat unique in it's security features. One of those security features is AAA UI v1.1 with CRT=2 (checkRunTime=2). This feature makes sure that we're all flying the same game and seeing the same things (Spitfire Mk.I, etc.). If your game files aren't exactly the same as the server you will get kicked. So, I would have expected to find a MOD on that shouldn't be that was keeping you from the server.

Right now the server is running version 4.09 MODS ON. So, be sure that you have the right version and that you have turned the MODS on. Also, it looks like you are running Vista. Is that correct? I still need to get Raz back over here. He's the resident Vista expert. You can always join us on our TeamSpeak channel and someone will be happy to help you.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer