Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

RAF_DesertDemon

Re: Regarding the Error Message Timeout 1

Unread post by RAF_DesertDemon »

S!~Colonel!

No, I'm running the game on WinXP Pro. But you do bring up an interesting thought. I have the game loaded on my laptop (minus the AAA UI), which is a Vista system. I may have to get everything updated on the laptop, and see if I can access the server from it. I have to wonder if it may be an issue with the OS.

I have verified that I have the current AAA UI installed, and that I am switched to the correct version of the game with the MODS on. At this point let me ask a question-what is "6DOF"? I see that as an option on the IL-2 version switcher.

I know I'm being a pain in the backside over this whole thing, but I truly appreciate all the input and help so far. Hopefully we can get this resolved so I can get to flying on WoW.

Check 6!

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

~S~ Byte -

I had the same issue with the WoW server the other night...and this was AFTER connecting a number of times successfully. And I was getting the same Timeout error.

Turns out I had some pesky mod or other still turned on...I had to literally go through my FS, Moving Dogfight, Zuti, and AAA mods...turn them ALL off...and then go back and turn the right ones on.

Worked after I did that.

And I am running Vista64.

----------------

EDIT - the 6DOF is part of 4.09...Six Degress of Freedom (meaning those with TrackIR can lean in and turn their head for more realistic movement). I actually just use 4.09b1 - NOT the one with 6DOF.

RAF_DesertDemon

S!~Medar!

Thanks for the input. Was wondering what 6DOF was. I was only trying the 4.09 w/MODS anyway. I've never been able to connect to the server, so you're way ahead of me on that.

I guess my next question should be where do I begin, turning things off to see what works? I've never had to get this in depth to get onto a server, so this is new territory for me.

Check 6!

Medar

Unread post by Medar »

Aye Byte! I have never used mods until a few weeks ago...so turning them on and off for me was a bit...complicated? And I am about as advanced a PC user as one gets.

I would check the mods to make sure they are all turned off first off...then turn each back on that is listed as necessary. If that does not work and you get the Timeout - take a screenshot of your MODS folder to post out here so we can see what is activated and what is not.

Hope that helps.

RAF_DesertDemon

Medar wrote:Aye Byte! I have never used mods until a few weeks ago...so turning them on and off for me was a bit...complicated? And I am about as advanced a PC user as one gets.

I would check the mods to make sure they are all turned off first off...then turn each back on that is listed as necessary. If that does not work and you get the Timeout - take a screenshot of your MODS folder to post out here so we can see what is activated and what is not.

Hope that helps.
Hey Medar;

There is a screen shot of my MODS folder...check out page 2 of this topic.

[RS]Rocket_J

Unread post by [RS]Rocket_J »

I fixed my installation.

It was a matter of sequence in the installation process.

Thanks for the tips.

Do I really need to know what all the folders in the modded file are? If so, the the eternal question is Why?

I logged on to your server and the time out was given to someone else. That's better than setting in the corner for 5 minutes.

I am looking forward to the battle.

I think I will consider it a success if I find a ship or an Island or see an enemy plane.

[Angels]Cent

Unread post by [Angels]Cent »

~S~ Everyone ...

I too experienced the "Timeout 1" error message when I tried to join the Wings Of War server as well. After looking over my Mods folder and reviewing the thread here, here is what I did to get into the server without any further problems.

I deactivated my "Zuti Mod" moving dog fight folder using the "minus sign" in front of the folder. I used the "rename" feature to just place that symbol in front of the folder.

Next, I deactivated my "Moving Dog Fight" folder as well using the same "minus sign" as above and got into the server no problem once this folder was deactivated.

I no longer fly FS or Forgotten Skies so I don't have their particular MOD within my mods folder. If I did, I would deactivate that mod as well using the same technique as above.

I'm using Windows XP Pro as well as using the 409B1M with the "UI 1.1" or Universal Switcher version 1.1 from the AAA web site with 6 DOF enabled for my TIR. Hope this helps...

~S~

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

I previously had no problems with either the timeout 1 nor the spawn bug. . however since copying the files from my desktop to my laptop I get both. . here is my mods folder

Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Reinhardt

Unread post by Reinhardt »

Looking to get checked out for Wings of War tonight. Here's what I've got.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

After an epic search by many of us it appears that my error message was due to the addition of a new aircraft - the Typhoon Mk.IB. . I went back and edited it out of my mods folder by adding the minus, and also going into the STD folder and then removing it from the following files
MODS\STD\com\maddox\il2\objects
MODS\STD\i18nplane_ru.properties
MODS\STD\i18n\weapons_ru.properties

I copied the files first though so I can put it back if need ever arises
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=