Idea for the campaign

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Jagr

Idea for the campaign

Unread post by Jagr »

I don't know if it's too late but... shouldn't the Brit's / Americans have some heavy bombers like the B-17 of B-24? Yes we have the B-25 and A-20 but I'm sure most of RCAF_FB would trade in a B-25 for a B-17 or a B-24 I know I would!

Yes the luftwaffe don't have the Fw-200C but that wasn't used in the Normandy Invasion (correct me if wrong) but the American's did fly the B-17's and B-24's.

Hey I would even make a compromise (given that my squad agrees) that if we get the B-17s and B-24s then the luftwaffe can have the Fw-200 and the Bf-110.

Don't say how they don't have cockpits to fly from because your server says AAA UI 1.1 4.08m which has all of the cockpits (most people have them anyways!).

just my 2₡ (took me forever to get the cent symbol!)

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Idea for the campaign

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

We've got them around the time the axis got the Me-262's, I remember, it was real late in the first normandy campaign.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.

Jagr

Unread post by Jagr »

I sure hope that we get it earlier than you did! :(
I would have thought that the B-17's would have started that campaign (or at least the B-17F) since I'm positive that they were over Europe before the Me-262.

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

They were around, but it seems we are fighting this on the tactical and not strategic level .. so it will be medium bombers and not heavies .. more US 9th AF and the RAF's 2nd Tactical AF then US 8th AF stuff.

There were some suggestions made to mocify this campaign before it started the second time, but the decision was made to leave it exactly as it was the frist time out.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Jagr

Unread post by Jagr »

should we run it a third / fourth time with changes?

SNA2007
Major
Major

Unread post by SNA2007 »

I think its time for a new planeset and different map. I think an early war type of campaign might be nice.
Major SNA2007
Squadron Training Officer
1st Pursuit Squadron, =AVG=

10% of military aviation is knowing what to do, how to do it, and how to do it while flying. 90% is all about learning how to look cool.

A smoking hole in the ground is a small price to pay for a bitchin' maneuver. -Maj Otero, USMC C-130 Pilot

Special K
Captain
Captain

Unread post by Special K »

African war

Razgriz_37
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Razgriz_37 »

Agree, would be nice to fly an american plane again(P-40's), I just don't know what it was about flying german, I wasn't diggin' it like I thought I would.
=AVG=Lt. Colonel Razgriz_37
Group Adjutant, =AVG=
3rd Pursuit HELL'S ANGELS

This moment was brought to you by RAM, Random Access Mind.