Wings~of~War Progress Report

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Re: Wings~of~War Progress Report

Unread post by Colslaw »

What about switching to HSFX 5? That has zuti as well as 6dof and the various aircraft. If I was able to consolidate all my installs to just UP3 and HSFX, it shouldn't be too much of a problem for others to do so. . and then WE DO NOT TOUCH THE INSTALLS FOR AT LEAST A YEAR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

What makes you think that will solve the problems we are having?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Colslaw
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Colslaw »

I don't know if it will solve them or not, but if the possibility exists that there is something in the coding between the 3 variants that would allow it to work with HSFX that doesn't exist with UP3 than it is worth a try. . especially if it turns out to be a standard format between various events/servers.

Not sure if it is relevent due to the CRT, but HSFX works with 4.10.1 and gives mods and 6DOF. In any event, I have now have both, so whichever works means I can join this time around.
Lt. Colonel Colslaw
=AVG=

69th_Stonehalo

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

Well, seems to me that all that really needs to happen is to bring in someone who knows what he's doing, no offense to Tiger. Maybe one of the guys who runs the Ghost Skies room could at least point you in the right direction. Cause it seems like installing different version and hoping that it's going to work is not the most efficient way to go about this.

14./JG5_Spies and 14./JG5_CRASH might be good people to ask as they run UP 3.0 RC now for GS.

As for my weather comment, my point was simply that not even during WW2 would they send up pilots at night in a blizzard. For one, they run the possibility of getting lost and never returning, but also there is the horrible icing problems that could happen as well. So as much as I agree that it should not be all perfect weather days, there should be a little moderation when it comes to bad weather if in fact we are trying to build a immerse experience.

And as for flying off the map, I'm not sure if that is at all any issue for you or not. While unfortunately it is not easy to watch where people are flying at all times in closed pit, that might just be something that would only have to be enforced if it was suspected that that type of behavior was going on. For example, seeing them coming in from off the map. My purpose in mentioning this is to simply decided one way or another in a clear manner that all parties can understand before the mission takes off. That way, there is no questions about it.

ANYWAY, let us know when you have changed something and the map needs to be tested again.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

69th_Stonehalo wrote:Well, seems to me that all that really needs to happen is to bring in someone who knows what he's doing, no offense to Tiger.
You're going to have to try much harder if you want to offend me. ;)

Colslaw, the stats do not appear to work correctly with version 4.10.1, so it isn't the UP 3.0 version of the server software that is the problem. Therefore, I have no reason to believe that using HSFX will solve the problem.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

S!~ All,

It appears that the 4.10.1m server software reports events differently than the 4.09m server software. Last night I went back to version 4.09m/UP 2.01 for some testing to be sure that there wasn't a problem with the FB Daemon II stats module that may have occurred to coincide with the upgrade to 4.10.1m quite coincidently. The system still works in 4.09m/UP 2.01, so I was able to rule that out. I will spend this weekend working with the USL server script and parser, but I suspect that it will not call the DCG to generate the next mission. Assuming this is the case, my options may be limited to running the campaigns in 4.09m/UP 2.01, or discontinuing the program entirely.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

69th_Stonehalo wrote:14./JG5_Spies and 14./JG5_CRASH might be good people to ask as they run UP 3.0 RC now for GS
S!~ Stone,

I failed to address this comment before, but I would like to address it now. It is my understanding that GS is run using software developed by AKA_Scorp. I actually have a copy of AKA_Scorp's version of the DCG, but I will request a copy of his server scripting software and see if that is a possible solution. One thing to consider is that GS does not run continuously like Wings~of~War does, so AKA_Scorp's scripting software may not be the solution.

One thing that I had attempted to do in the past was to get WildWillie and Lowengrin to work together so that FBDj will call the DCG in the same manner that the original FB Daemon software did.

Rest assured, I am pulling out all the stops to try and bring you further Wings~of~War campaigns.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

J9_Hammer

Unread post by J9_Hammer »

Zombie
Major
Major

Unread post by Zombie »

LOL Damn!
When in doubt, kill em' for the meat.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

It looks like we could score Wings~of~War with the USL parser. I can get the stats, but I haven't figured out how to automatically generate the total score. I know it can be done, so I will keep working on it. I am also going to test the Ghost Skies MOD because I believe Spies has figured out how to replace the location data that I believe is missing from UP 3.0 and causing a problem. The location data was included in UP 2.01.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer