It is currently 23 Sep 2017 21:16

Post subject: Wings~of~War Progress Report
Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2011 20:06 
Colonel
Colonel

Medals: 34 Distinguished Service Medal (2) The Bronze Star (1) Air Medal (1) Aerial Achievement Medal (1) Achievement Medal (1) American Campaign Medal (7) Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal (6) Europe/Africa Campaign Medal (12) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1) Training Instructor Ribbon (1)
S!~ All,

I am in the process of testing to see what the best option to run the server and score the game will be. I was trying to set up Wings~of~War with FBDj, but it is not compatible with the DCG. Right now I am testing to see if I can use IL2SC. On my first attempt I did not set IL2SC up correctly to generate the next mission in the campaign. I have corrected that, and I'll be checking back in a while to see if it is working correctly. Then, I'll see if I can score the campaign with IL2SC. If that doesn't work I'll see if I can set up the USL server script and parser. I am also considering testing FBD2 with 4.10.1 and without UP 3.0, but I'd rather have the MODS if possible.

I'll keep you posted.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

Post subject: Re: Wings~of~War Progress Report
Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2011 20:34 
Captain
Captain

Medals: 8 Distinguished Flying Cross (1) Commendation Medal (1) American Campaign Medal (4) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1)
Thank you Tiger ~S~

Unread postPosted: 05 Jun 2011 20:47 
Major
Major

Medals: 34 Distinguished Flying Cross (1) The Bronze Star (1) Aerial Achievement Medal (1) American Campaign Medal (11) Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal (6) Europe/Africa Campaign Medal (12) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1)
~S~
Thanks boss !
Good luck , good speed , and good golly don't forget to get some sleep !

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 00:52 

Thank you Tiger ~

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 09:57 
Colonel
Colonel

Medals: 34 Distinguished Service Medal (2) The Bronze Star (1) Air Medal (1) Aerial Achievement Medal (1) Achievement Medal (1) American Campaign Medal (7) Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal (6) Europe/Africa Campaign Medal (12) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1) Training Instructor Ribbon (1)
S!~ Gents,

You are all quite welcome. I enjoy doing this for all of us, even though the pressure mounts sometimes with 100+ players waiting on me to fix things. I have IL2SC set up correctly now, so it you have time please go in and fly a bit so that I can try and figure out how to score the campaigns with it.

"The greatest danger to American freedom is a government that ignores the Constitution." -Thomas Jefferson

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 11:20 
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Medals: 34 Distinguished Flying Cross (1) The Bronze Star (2) Meritorious Service Medal (1) Air Medal (2) Aerial Achievement Medal (1) Meritorious Unit Commendation (1) American Campaign Medal (12) Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal (4) Europe/Africa Campaign Medal (7) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1) Training Instructor Ribbon (1)
trying to connect this am. No luck with either #up#_enable_up3.0 or stock 4.101 (blank field).

My current install will work with Ghost Skies (up3.0 + GS mod).

Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

"War without fire is like sausage without mustard".
Henry V.

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 11:51 
Colonel
Colonel

S!~ Fred,

Have you been able to connect previously? I am wondering if you have the #UP# folder in your game's root directory. That will give you a timeout=0.

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 12:52 
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Medals: 34 Distinguished Flying Cross (1) The Bronze Star (2) Meritorious Service Medal (1) Air Medal (2) Aerial Achievement Medal (1) Meritorious Unit Commendation (1) American Campaign Medal (12) Asiatic/Pacific Campaign Medal (4) Europe/Africa Campaign Medal (7) WWII Victory Medal (1) Basic Training Ribbon (1) Training Instructor Ribbon (1)
i will try that.

Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

Henry V.

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 13:43 
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

I removed the #UP# folder. No zuti error messages, just a "connection lost, you have been kicked". No reason.

Commanding Officer
Adam and Eves

Henry V.

Unread postPosted: 06 Jun 2011 14:45 
Colonel
Colonel

S!~ Fred,

I have separate installations for GS and WOW. So, I don't have first hand experience. I was going from Raz's post here;

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=3934&start=30

But, it may have something to do with the GS MODS themselves. I'm still using CRT=2 on the server.