Having issues running IL-2 in Wings~of~War campaigns?

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Having issues running IL-2 in Wings~of~War campaigns?

Unread post by Tiger »

First, delete the files in your mission cache. Then, if you are not already using one, try the 512MB exe file in the JSGME. If you have tried the Exe_512MB in the JSGME and it didn't solve the issue, then try Exe_512MB_6DOFTiR. Stock IL-2 runs the game with 256MB of textures. The modified il2fb.exe files allow for more memory to be used for textures. For this map the 512MB seems to work well for everyone, but some are using the Exe_512MB and some are using Exe_512MB_6DOFTiR.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

RCAF_FB_Delta

Re: Having issues running IL-2 in Wings~of~War campaigns?

Unread post by RCAF_FB_Delta »

~S~ Tiger. First of all i love the work you have been doing on the campaigns!!But why the clean install??Do you have any idea what a problem it is for some people?You want people to join and it seems some times you go out of your way to make joining a pain in the ass.Most people already had the 3.0 up installed.Im one of them.Then we find out we need a clean install.Why is that??I cant think of any reason.

~S~ RCAF_FB_Delta

69th_Stonehalo

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

I too was one of the unlucky few who had to reinstall the game for Wings of War. As much of a pain it is, the installation wasn't too big of a problem especially with the IL2 Mega Patch. It will take your game from 4.07 (which is the default for IL2 1946) and patch it all the way to 4.10.1.

You can find that here:http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=4088

I will admit, though I was a skeptic, but there were some visible differences in the way the game worked and looked better with the fresh install.

If you back up your "User" folder and "Paintschemes" and simply paste them over the new install, it will be like you never had a problem and save you the pain of remapping all those keys again.

If you need links to all the patches, you can find them at the 69th Forums.

So as much as I'd like to say, "I told you so" about changing game versions right before a competition to Tiger and the staff (which in a way I just did ;-) ), at least the new version comes with a load of great new features, and we can all be reassured that each of us will have equal playing grounds for the upcoming mission.

-69th_Stonehalo

To Tiger: let me know if I can assist you in anyway when you're testing the parser.
S! and thanks for the hard work!

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

69th_Stonehalo wrote:I too was one of the unlucky few who had to reinstall the game for Wings of War. As much of a pain it is, the installation wasn't too big of a problem especially with the IL2 Mega Patch. It will take your game from 4.07 (which is the default for IL2 1946) and patch it all the way to 4.10.1.

You can find that here:http://www.mission4today.com/index.php? ... ls&id=4088

I will admit, though I was a skeptic, but there were some visible differences in the way the game worked and looked better with the fresh install.

If you back up your "User" folder and "Paintschemes" and simply paste them over the new install, it will be like you never had a problem and save you the pain of remapping all those keys again.

If you need links to all the patches, you can find them at the 69th Forums.

So as much as I'd like to say, "I told you so" about changing game versions right before a competition to Tiger and the staff (which in a way I just did ;-) ), at least the new version comes with a load of great new features, and we can all be reassured that each of us will have equal playing grounds for the upcoming mission.

-69th_Stonehalo

To Tiger: let me know if I can assist you in anyway when you're testing the parser.
S! and thanks for the hard work!
S! Stone, I posted a link to that megapatch a couple days ago, but bigfred noticed that it says "does not work with mods" are you using it succesfully with mods?
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

69th_Stonehalo

No mods here. But I can't image why anyone would have mods install on a fresh install of 4.07. I would assume those would come after you install everything up to 4.10.1. But if not, there are links to all the seperate mods on our site too.

S.L.N
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant

Unread post by S.L.N »

I thought that it was meaning that you couldn't install mods on top of it...
ve must fight vor the comfy couch

69th_Stonehalo

Hmmm can't imagine why that would be. I don't do the mods thing so I guess it doesn't effect me.

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

You can't install the MegaPatch over MODS, but once you are up to 4.10.1, you can then put UP 3.0 over it.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

RCAF_FB_Delta wrote:~S~ Tiger. First of all i love the work you have been doing on the campaigns!!But why the clean install??Do you have any idea what a problem it is for some people?You want people to join and it seems some times you go out of your way to make joining a pain in the ass.Most people already had the 3.0 up installed.Im one of them.Then we find out we need a clean install.Why is that??I cant think of any reason.

~S~ RCAF_FB_Delta
S!~ Delta,

It's not that I require you to do a clean installation. It's that you can't upgrade to 4.10.1 with MODS installed. As Stonehalo points out, we must all be flying the same game or there will be anomalies. Using CRT=2 ensures that we are all flying the same game which will eliminate the anomalies.
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer