Team Names

For public discussion of Wings~of~War events

Moderators: Tiger, Space

69th_Stonehalo

Team Names

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

Does anyone else think that it's really hard to refer to the other team in threads because each team flies on both axis and allied?

To solve this, I think we should come up with team names.

Perhaps we should take the time between events to come up with idea's and then vote on it before the season starts.

What say you?

RAF209_Benge

Re: Team Names

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

S!

No not really because we have been flying against each other for the good part of a year now. I realize the 69th is rather new to this format so I could see where it might be difficult for you

Your side is pretty homogenous on Squadron compliment...69th and RCAF..compared to the our guys which are made up of several squadrons (AVG, RAF209, AKA, Jasta 9,Wing Walkers, just to name a few) ... Most of us have been flying together in for years in mixed types events, without the need for coming up with a new mascot type name to refer to the whole group as.
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

69th_Stonehalo

Unread post by 69th_Stonehalo »

There's no need to insult my intelligence. There is nothing difficult about "this format" whether I'm new to it or not. The reason for my suggestion is a little self serving I guess, but I would think that other people have the same annoyances that I'm coming across.

I've been writing a lot about tactics and other things in our private forum at the 69th site, and in almost every comparison between the two teams I try to make, I have difficulty trying to figure out what to call the other team. I guess I could call it the AVG/RAF209/AKA/Jasta 9/Wing Walker/etc team but it seems a bit winded. I'd like to use terms like the "Axis" or "Allies", but that becomes confusing when you think that both teams play the maps as the axis and allied forces. I'd also like to use "Blue team" and "Red team", but again that creates the same problem. So instead I've been forced to use terms like "opposition" and "enemy" to describe the other team, but those just seem vague and forced. Hence this is why I proposed the team name idea. That way even simple things like scores and news updates can be better describe the group of people they are referring two without some of the confusion that is caused by terms like "this team" and "that team".

But I guess that's just me...

RAF209_Benge

Unread post by RAF209_Benge »

Try Us and Them, or Skins and Shirts? or RBers vs. IL2ers
Wing Commander C.K.Benge
Commanding Officer

209 Squadron
Royal Air Force

"Don't Rest On Your Laurels"

CF23-Codders

Unread post by CF23-Codders »

S! 69 th

Easy way round it :-) join the mixed clan then all you got is RCAF would be better as 9 /10 times RCAF out number the rest of us as they breed like rabbits .

Cod
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.

Trouble4u
Lt. Colonel
Lt. Colonel

Unread post by Trouble4u »

LOL Breed like rabbits! That was funny!

But seriously we've already got names for the 2 teams. Our team is the Good Guys and your team is the Bad Guys :mrgreen:
Trouble4u

Tiger
Colonel
Colonel
Loading…

Unread post by Tiger »

Why not simply Team =AVG= and Team RCAF?
Colonel Tiger
Commanding Officer
3rd Pursuit Squadron, HELL'S ANGELS

"A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

CF23-Codders

Unread post by CF23-Codders »

Trouble4u wrote:LOL Breed like rabbits! That was funny!

But seriously we've already got names for the 2 teams. Our team is the Good Guys and your team is the Bad Guys :mrgreen:

THEY HAVE TO BREED LIKE RABBITS THEY DIE VERY QUICK :-)
It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog.